Chapter 13 - don't try to murder him

I started packing my stuff once she went to her room

I started packing my stuff once she went to her room. I waited till she was asleep before I started packing Théo's stuff. He woke up just when I was finished. I took Théo and dressed him, placing him in his car seat. I stood for a while in her room, just looking at her. She looked so peaceful. "Sorry Jennifer, I need to do this. Maybe only then you will stay with me." I whispered and kissed her lips before I closed her door and left the house.

Henri was angry at me 'she is not going to accept us now; she will hate you for doing this!' he muttered.

'She will miss us; she shall come back to us.' I told him again.

'Stupid, she will miss her son. Not the man that kidnaps her son.' He said angrily but I didn't listen anymore. I was fed up with him anyway. Yesterday after our fight, I had booked us a flight from Bordeaux to Seattle. In one hour, we would be on our way home.

*****

We landed the next evening in Seattle, and I drove to the pack, my phone didn't stop ringing, and I cut it off after a while. I wanted to arrive home first. Théo was asleep for the most of our trip and only woke up for his bottle and a change of diaper. 

When I stopped in front of the pack house, Loïc, Mattéo and Antoine were waiting for me, the three of them looked annoyed over something. Probably all the paperwork. I saw Loïc on the phone and I heard him say 'he's here with Théo.'

I took Théo out of his car seat and walked with him to them. "Where is Jennifer?" Antoine asked.

"In France." I told him.

"She let you go with her son?" Mattéo asked.

"Not really no..." I trailed off.

"You kidnaped him." Loïc stated.

"I did not, I took him with me so that Jen would follow me home."

"You really think that she will forgive you for this?" Antoine asked confusion on his face.

"She was angry all the time. She wanted to go back to Vancouver, she didn't let me sleep next to her." I told them.

"Why?" Mattéo asked.

I shrugged "she wanted to get to know me first." I told them just when Pearl and Lewis came out of the pack house. "Pearl? Lewis? What are you doing here?" They didn't look very happy.

"I wanted to see my nephew." Lewis answered.

"She called you?" I asked Pearl.

"Of course, she did. She was panicking. What were you thinking?" Pearl scoffed.

"It's not that I took him away from her."

"No, then enlighten me, what did you do?" Pearl scoffed again. "Because from here it looks like you took her son away from her."