Chapter 3 - I almost squealed seeing it

I jolted awake when someone shook my shoulder "Excuse me, I think you are going to miss your plane

I jolted awake when someone shook my shoulder "Excuse me, I think you are going to miss your plane."

"To Vancouver?" I asked the woman.

"Yes, they just called it."

"Thank you for waking me up." Now that I was more awake, I saw that she was around my age.

"No problem, I watched you fall asleep, and you were reading a book about Vancouver."

"Are you also going to Vancouver too?"

"Yes, I'm going back home." She smiled softly.

"Home?"

"Yes, I was here for business. I will be glad to be back home."

"Can you tell me about your home? I'm moving there for a job."

"Of course, I can. For which job may I ask? I know almost everyone there." She asked.

"At Moon Stone and Co, do you know them?"

She laughed "oh yes I know them, we are from the same pa... family."

"You are?"

"That's my uncle and his son, you will love working with and for them. And if not, you call me."

I nodded and gave her my hand "Nice to meet you, I'm Jennifer Harris. Call me Jen."

"Nice to meet you too Jen, I'm Pearl Leblanc."

We boarded the plane and Pearl asked someone to switch seats so that we could sit together. My neighbor happily accepted because Pearl flew 1st class.

During the 2:20 during flight, she told me a lot about the family and the region. After we landed, she drove me towards my new apartment, that I had rented. I rented it through my new boss Charlie, Pearl her uncle. I would meet him tomorrow and his son Robert was waiting at the apartment. 

He smiled at Pearl when she stepped out of her car. "Pearl how was the meeting?" he asked her while I took my suitcase and hand luggage out of the car.

"Great, I tell you later. Robert, meet Jen."

I shook his hand "nice to meet you, Jen."

"You too Robert." He was tall and gorgeous, well build, dark blonde hair like Pearl and blue eyes. But I preferred Olivier more. Olivier was rougher in his looks, I shook my head, why was I thinking about him?

"Did you have a nice flight?" He asked.

"Yes, I had, Pearl kept me company and told me already a lot about your family."

"I hope she didn't bore you to dead." He chuckled while opening the door to the apartment.

"Nope, I liked hearing it all. I've always wanted a big family like yours."

"Wait till you meet them all, you will change your mind quick." I shrugged. "We cleaned it yesterday. If you want to change something, ask us."

"Thanks, and I don't think I will change something. I liked what I saw in the pictures." I told him setting down my bags.