73: Barty (Ten Years Later)

"Barty! Barty where are you?" Hermione called out to her husband as she walked around the house in search of Barty. Hermione and Barty had lived a happily life since the day they said I Do together. Hermione and Barty were able to move into his parents' house, which they had finally been able to repair to its formal glory. Then after a month, Hermione had found out she had gotten pregnant. Barty was a bit nervous at the thought of becoming a father, but after a quick talk about it, he felt more confident. He even got more confident when their daughter, Elle, was born and then a couple more years later their son, Christopher, had been born which boost his confidence even more. 

"Barty?" Hermione called out again. 

"In here, love." Barty called out. Hermione walked over into the library to see her husband standing on a ladder while he was reorganizing the books. 

"Hey, did you take Christopher out of his crib?" Hermione asked.

"No, I didn't." Barty answered, setting the books onto one of the shelves, "Do you think Winky had taken her to be feed or something?" 

"I just talked with Winky, she didn't have him either." Hermione explained, feeling herself start to panic. Their attention shifted when they heard the front door opening and closing. Swiftly, they rushed over to the opened window where they peered outside to find Elle, clinging to Christopher, as she was making her way up to the front gate. 

"ELLE CROUCH! WHERE ARE YOU GOING WITH YOUR BROTHER?" Barty screamed at Elle. 

"HE'S BORING! AND HE'S NOISY! I'M TAKING HIM BACK TO ST. MANGO!" Elle screamed back.

"NO, HONEY, IT'S ST. MUNGO'S! What am I saying?" Hermione corrected herself, "ELLE YOU BRING YOUR BROTHER BACK INSIDE THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW, YOUNG LADY!" 

"I DON'T WANNA!" 

"ELLE, THIS IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE! NOW MOVE IT!" Barty shot at her. They could see the pouty face on her face as she stormed her way back to the house. 

"That child gets her attitude from you." Barty claimed out to her. 

"Excuse me, I believe she gets it from you." Hermione corrected him. 

"If memory serves me well, I was told you set a teacher's coat on fire in first year at Hogwarts." Barty pointed out. Hermione rolled her eyes as she and Barty made their way downstairs, holding hands with each other, to have a talk with their daughter.