22

Hermione laid in her bed, tears streaming down her face. She knew it was silly of her to be overwhelmed by this but she couldn't help it. She felt so defeated. This was the worse feeling she has ever felt (except for when she thought Harry was dead). She knew she should talk to Harry and Ron and try to sort all of this out, but she felt like it was too late for them to even try and fix any of this. 

She buried her face in her pillow, rubbing her face against it to wipe away the tears. She lifted her head up a bit, allowing herself to take a deep breath before burying her face in the pillow again. She was about to feel herself start to drift off to sleep when she heard the door opening then shutting. 

She raised her head up to see Scabior walking into the room. She could see in his eyes there was a look of concern gleaming over them. It was weird not seeing his familiar sly smirk and his eyes that usual glint of lust and arrogance. Hermione wiped her hands against her face, cleaning her cheeks from her tears. 

"Um... did you need something?" Hermione asked, her voice trembling a bit. Scabior walked over till he sat down beside Hermione as he pressed his hand against her back.

"I was coming up to tell you dinner is ready." Scabior told her, "Is everything alright?" 

Hermione shook her head. 

"I wish I could say it is." She claimed, pushing herself into a sitting position right beside him. 

"What's up?" he asked her. 

"I think my friendship with Ron and Harry are on the rocks. I mean with all that is happening with Rita's articles, I fear they are actually believing in her lies. Even though she lied plenty of times about Harry, he at least should know she's lying about us." Hermione explained to him. Scabior shrugged. 

"If he's that stupid to believe a word of what that woman is saying than he's a fool. And you deserve better friends." Scabior said, his lips starting to form that familiar smirk. Hermione tilted her head as her narrowed eyes glared at him. 

"And this better friends are?" she asked him. 

"A couple of cute, sexy and devilishly handsome ex-Snatchers and an ex-Death Eater. I hear this one lad named Scabior is a really kind and extremely good looking. You wouldn't be able to keep your hands off him." Scabior joked. Hermione couldn't help but burst out laughing to the point her tears of sorrow turned to tears of laughter. She wiped her tears with the end of her hands before finding the ability to breathe again. 

"Thanks Scabior. I needed that." Hermione told him. She felt his hand engulf her own as his other arm wrapped around her to pull her into a tight hug. She buried her head into the crook of his neck while she wrapped her arms around his lower chest area. 

"Any time. I'm going to try to be a better man... for you." He whispered lowly, especially the last part, but Hermione heard it all the same as she began to drift off to sleep.