5

Harry stood aside as he watched Hermione walk away with Winky by her side. He turned around to face the Death Eaters, who were looking at them to see why they had to do. Harry cleared his throats. 

"Well... um... Ron and I are going to do the bedrooms, Hermione and Winky are working on the kitchen. You guys can split up into either team." Harry stated, not knowing what else he needed to say to them. The three of them glanced at each other before heading in the direction where Winky and Hermione had went off to, Barty shooting a quick warning to stay out of his bedroom. Harry watched in disbelief since he figured they would want to work on their bedrooms because they were going to be sleeping tonight. Of course the aurors followed behind the three given they had to keep an eye on they. 

Harry shrugged his shoulders and turned to Ron. 

"Shall we?" Harry asked, heading off towards where the bedroom were while hoping Hermione will be okay. 

*kitchen* 

"I *hic* shouldn't *hic* have slacked off. But *hic* I *hic* thought Master *hic* Barty would never come *hic* back." Winky whimpered, shaking her head in disappointment. Hermione gently patted Winky's head as she help Winky up at the countertop. 

"Why don't you rest and let me clean up a bit?" Hermione suggested to Winky. Mostly because she felt Winky was a bit too drunk to work and she needed to sleep it off. Before Winky could say something, the sound of footsteps caused the two of them to turn and see Barty, Scabior, and Fenrir walking towards them. Winky jumped off the stool and rushed over to Barty where she hugged his leg again. 

"Master *hic* please forgive *hic* Winky! She didn't *hic* mean to let *hic* the house go to ruin! Winky didn't *hic* think Master would *hic* come home!" Winky whined to him. Barty lightly patted his hand against the top of Winky's head. 

"It's okay Winky. You should go and rest for a while." Barty told her. Winky opened her mouth to speak when Barty shot her a look that made her quiet and headed out. Hermione felt sorry for Winky. She must have been all alone in this house, crying and drinking herself to sleep. Hermione made a note to try and help Winky to the best of her ability. She turned to the Death Eaters, who looked at her and await their orders. 

"Okay do you guys want magical or muggle way of cleaning?" Hermione asked. They tilted their heads before moving their hands to their empty wand pouches. Hermione felt a bit silly for asking and busied herself with grabbing her wand and opening her bag. She began pulling out things they were going to be needing. Rags, cleaning supplies, magical pesticides, and others of the sort. She watched as their eyes were locked on her bag. 

"Undetectable extension charm," She stated, grabbing the last of the pesticides. 

"Isn't that charm illegal to use?" Scabior asked, pointing at her bag. 

"Desperate times called for desperate measures." She stated before tying her bag on to her hip again. She grabbed hold of the supplies and proceeded to hand them out to the Death Eaters.

"Barty, you can take care of wiping down counters and cabinets and the inside and out of the oven," Hermione stated handing Barty a rag and cleaning spray then proceeded to Fenrir and Scabior and handed them the pesticide "And Fenrir and Scabior you two can take care of the pests that may have made their homes in this house. I will be getting the leaves and cobwebs and hopeful find out where those drafts are coming from."  

Once everyone had been given a task, Hermione proceed to pull out her wand and began enchanting a few of the brooms to begin sweeping the leaves outside and removing some of the cobwebs. They had barely even started into the kitchen when a loud noise echoed through then voices followed behind. Hermione turned to them and mumbled for them to stay put and continue working as she made her way to the foyer. She had merely taken a step inside the foyer when her eyes landed on someone she had never wanted to see again.