64

The first thing Hermione was greeted with first thing in the morning was Rita's article informing the entire world that she and one of the Death Eaters... and the swarms of students rushing up to her, demanding to know who was going to be her husband. She tried to ignore it as much as possible while telling people as best as she could that she nor the Death Eaters were getting married. Of course a few didn't believe her but she didn't care at this point. 

She was trying to have a bite of her breakfast when she saw Ron rushing across the Great Hall and towards her. Her eyes narrowed, wondering what he was upset about now. 

"You're engaged to one of them? Which one is it?" he shouted when he reached the table, causing everyone to turn their heads towards them. Hermione felt her cheeks flare up as she stood up from her seat. 

"Ronald Weasley, do you really believe what Rita Skeeter wrote?" Hermione asked him. 

"I wish I could say I didn't believe her, but lately she's actually been writing things that are true. Like how you slept with all three of them without using your head. So it wouldn't be surprising that you would just jump at the idea of marrying one of them... hell, maybe if you could, marry all three of them." Ron shot at her. 

The air was filled with the sound of a slap, which echoed throughout the entire Great Hall. There were a few gasps, a couple began mumbling to themselves while a lot of them watched from their seats of what had happened. Ron's face was flung to the side, a red spot growing where she had hit.  Hermione's eyes widened when she realized what she had done. 

"Ron-- I-- I didn't mean--" Hermione started when Ron turned on his heels and ran out of the room. She stood there horrified as she glanced around the room, both the professors and students avoided looking at her. Hermione took a deep breath before making her way out of the room. 

"So... one of us might actually be marrying Hermione," Fenrir said while he flipped the Daily Prophet newspaper over to show them the front page with the headline of 'A Secret Engagement Under Hogwarts' Rooftop: Who's the lucky Death Eater?' 

"Oh-- Hermione probably having a field trip with all this. Wonder how she's handling all this?" Barty asked them. 

"Who do you think she wants to marry?" Scabior suddenly asked as he laid across the couch. Fenrir and Barty shot their heads over towards him. 

"What?" Fenrir asked him. 

"Who do you think she wants to marry? I mean, who do you think she wants to spend the rest of their lives?" Scabior asked them. Barty scoffed.

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it? It's me that she wants to marry." Barty claimed, leaning back against her chair. 

"YOU?" Fenrir and Scabior shot at him (Fenrir tossed the newspaper to the side while Scabior sat upright). Barty flung his hands up in the air. 

"Well-- I was her first... plus I have the most money compared to all of you two... and I have a house, unlike you two who are now living in it." Barty pointed out. 

"Oh please, you think Hermione is impressed by wealth?" Fenrir asked him. 

"Okay, hotshot, what makes you think she'll fall for you?" Barty questioned, waving his hand up and down at Fenrir. 

"I think it's clear why it would be me out of all three of us. Hermione would prefer someone who is strong and able to protect her. That way she's not always having to fight for herself." Fenrir claimed to them. Scabior rolled his eyes. 

"Please, I'm surprise she even allowed you to bang her. You look like you'll break her with one go." Scabior shot at him. 

"You think she'll want to be with you?" Barty asked. 

"There's no question about it. I not only have money in the bank and protect her, but I also am the best looking one in the group." Scabior shot at them. Fenrir grabbed a pillow then threw it at Scabior, who quickly grabbed it before it hit him in the face. As the three of them burst out laughing at each other, they were silenced when the door to the common room slammed opened. They turned their heads to see Hermione rushing across the common room and rushed over to her room. For a moment they didn't speak at all until Fenrir turned his head to face them again. 

"Is she alright?" he asked. 

"I'm not sure." Scabior explained to them. 

"Should we do something?" Barty asked. 

"Later, we should give her a moment alone." Fenrir advised as he leaned against the couch while he kept his eyes glued on Hermione's door.