21

"Okay, so you guys can borrow Harry's and Ron's and my old books, but we will have to get ingredients and standard size 2 pewter cauldrons, sets of glass or crystal phials, telescopes, brass scales," Hermione read off the list of things they needed to buy as they walked through Diagon Alley, "Also you three don't have to worry about uniforms, but you will be expected to wear patches of your houses while attending. I hope you three don't mind, but I'm not buying you guys any animals." 

The three mumbled they were actually fine with not wearing their uniforms or actually having any animals. Hermione was putting the list into her pockets when she felt a tap on her shoulder. 

"Wait a minute, isn't that first years get?" Barty asked her. Hermione glanced down at the list again before looking at them. 

"That's because you three are going back as first years. McGongall had explained that she think it would be best if you guys start back at the beginning." Hermione stated to them. Now they began nagging at her and complaining how it was unfair that they were going to be back first years since they had plenty experiences with stronger magic. 

"Excuse me but you three are going to do what McGongall says no matter what. Also you three will show her respect. Is that clear?" Hermione asked, sternly. They groaned out a 'yes'. They were rounding the corner to go to Gringotts when Hermione was starting to noticed how some of the people were looking at them. At first, she thought it was because there were three ex-Death Eaters walking around but she noticed people weren't exactly showing any fear. In fact, they appear as if they were interested in them. Hermione felt her entire body stiffened as she tilted her head to the side. 

"Don't look now, but I think there are some Rita Skeeter's fans around us." Hermione warned them, nudging her head at the people, who were looking at them. The three of them glanced around as they started to curse under their breath. 

"Shit! Let's get this over with." Fenrir growled, clearly not wanting to be in the spotlight again like in the newspaper. Hermione pushed them ahead of her as they quickly scurried into Gringotts. 

"That was a nightmare! I never want to go back there again!" Fenrir growled while he stormed into the house and the rest of them followed behind. The rest of the trip was exactly as Fenrir said. A nightmare. While they were traveling around to get their supplies, they were harassed by some people asking about their situations. 

Some pulled Hermione to the side to ask if she was really seeing one of them, others had asked if she had lost her mind for even thinking about being with them. Barty was stopped a couple of times by people, who wanted to see his tongue flicking, while Scabior was stopped for people just to hear his voice to see if it really was rich and smooth sounding as it was described in the paper. There was even a group of girls that followed close behind Fenrir, giggling like fools as they were gazing him up and down like he was a piece of meat. Some of them even came up to Fenrir and asked if they could sign their copy of their photo of him. That was the tip of the iceberg for him. 

Thankfully, they were able to get their things and get out of there as quickly as possible without anything bad happening to them. She was sure that Fenrir was about to kill someone if they asked for one more signature. 

"Everything's alright. We're all ready for Hogwarts." Hermione explained to them, "Now lets get your things up to your room and get..." 

Hermione paused when she saw Harry and Ron scurrying down the stairs. They stopped when their eyes meet up with Hermione and the Death Eaters. 

"Where have you three been?" Ron asked, rudely. Hermione narrowed her eyes as she grabbed her bags and headed upstairs, right pass them, without even mumbling a word to either one of them.