33

Hermione was walking down the corridors, trying to remember what was the first class Fenrir, Barty, and Scabior were supposed to take, when her attention was shifted the sound of some thudding sounds caught her attention. She stopped in her tracks for a minute to make sure she heard correctly. There it was again. The repeated thudding sounds. Hermione hurried over to where it was. It took a couple of minutes before she found an unused classroom. 

She peered inside when she heard the thudding sounds now louder than before.  In the far corner of the room, Hermione could see someone standing there. Looking closer, she saw it was Fenrir. She watched as Fenrir's body shifted from side to side, bits of the walls flinging across the ground. 

"Fenrir!" Hermione called out. He turned around, his face all twisted up in anger, as his body moved enough for Hermione to see the wall behind him was all torn apart almost to the bricks. Her eyes lowered till she was looking at Fenrir's fists. They were all bloody and bruised. 

"What are you doing? Are you crazy?! You could have broken your hands. What are you doing here anyway, you should be in class?" Hermione said as she rushed over to him, grabbing an old rag. She quickly wrapped the rag around one of his hands before she pulled out an handkerchief from her pocket and wrap his other one. 

"I needed to be alone." Fenrir growled. 

"We need to get you to Madam Pomfrey. She'll have to patch up those wounds. You didn't answer my question as to why are you here anyway?" Hermione said to him. Fenrir shrugged his shoulders, keeping quiet. Hermione tilted her head. 

"Fenrir, you were punching the wall to the point your hands were about to be broken. I think I ought to know." Hermione told him. Fenrir glared at her. Clearly, he didn't enjoy being completely vulnerable. And how could she blame him? He was Fenrir Greyback, the once infamous savage werewolf, who didn't care about anyone's opinion of him. And here he was punching holes in the wall because of something. 

"Your stupid friend Ron pissed me off." Fenrir finally opened up. 

"What did he say?" 

"He called me dumb. That wasn't the part of that pissed me off. I got called stupid so many times by those Death Eaters, I didn't even care that much." Fenrir told her, "It was his jab at my Mom. People can harass me and call me every name in the book, but I don't like them going after my Mom. She was the only one who gave a damn about me." 

"I understand that, Fenrir. I will have a talk with Ron and make him apologies to you." Hermione promised him, patting his bruised hands. Fenrir shook his head. She didn't know what came over herself, but she found her arms wrapping around Fenrir's waist and pulling him into a hug. Fenrir stiffened for a moment before he relaxed and hugged her back. They stood like that for a moment until their attention was drifted to a light gasp. Hermione and Fenrir turned their heads to see a group of girls standing in the doorway, giggling and throwing their thumbs up. Hermione rolled her eyes as she broke her hug from Fenrir. 

"Off to class! Go on! All of you! Get!" Hermione ordered as she motioned for them out of the room, earning replies of disappointing groans.