34

Hermione had fight her way through the crowds of girls that were swooning and fawning at the sight of Fenrir and her walking alongside each other on their way to the hospital wing. She couldn't help but roll her eyes a couple of times. She was merely taking him to get his hands fixed. There wasn't anything to be all impressed about. It didn't take long before they were in the the hospital wing and Fenrir was getting his knuckles all fixed up. 

Madam Pomfrey got after Fenrir for punching walls and called him stupid for doing such things. She went on about telling him to find another way to letting his anger out. Hermione sat beside Fenrir, making sure he was all healed up before leading him back to class. He seemed a bit fussy while waiting for his knuckles to heal up from the special cream Madam Pomfrey had placed on them. 

"Stop itching at it. You're going to make it worst." Hermione gently slapped against Fenrir's hand that he was using to itch his other hand. 

"I can't help it." Fenrir growled. Hermione took hold of his hand as she lightly patted her hand against his before gently kissing the top of his hand. Before Hermione could remove her lips from his hand, a bright flash caught her off guard. She turned her head so fast she thought it could twirl around. Her eyes widened when she saw Rita Skeeter walking around the corner of the hospital wing.

"Oh! This is just the juicy gossip we want!" Rita cheered with her grin stupid grin crossing over her face.  Hermione nearly jumped out of her seat when she sat Rita Skeeter walking over towards them. 

"Now, how about we get a photo of you, Hermione draped over Fenrir's lap, her hand caressing his..." Rita started when Hermione stood up from her seat. 

"What are you doing here? If I recall, Dumbledore banished you from the grounds." Hermione growled at her. 

"Dumbledore is dead if you recall, Hermione. Or have you forgotten?" Rita asked her. 

"He may be, but McGonagall would have fulfilled that wish of his." Hermione pointed out. Rita chuckled while waving a finger at her with one hand as the other fumbled into the pocket of her coat. 

"Well that's the great news! I have permission from the Minister of Magic, himself, to be allowed to roam around Hogwarts to take photos of you guys to promote the program." Rita claimed, holding out a card with the Minister's handwriting on it. Hermione felt like she was about to have a heart attack. She was already going to deal Umbridge, now they'll have to deal with Rita! This year couldn't get any worse. 

"Now if you excuse me, I am going to go find Barty and Scabior and get them to spill the tea. Hopefully, we'll return and get more photos!" Rita cheered before scurrying out of the room. Hermione's mouth dropped as she turned her gaze between Fenrir and where Rita had stood before vanishing, trying to figure out what she was going to do to deal with these two nightmares.