8

Hermione was nervous and tried to keep her mind off of Rita as she was finishing with talking with Fenrir by cleaning the downstairs. She had finished cleaning the kitchen, dining hall and foyer a bit. She wanted to redo the walls and furniture a bit but there was still much to do beforehand. She wrote a note for her to go to the store and find some new paint or wallpaper. 

She knew it was already going to be bad because of what Scabior and Barty had told her about it. She turned a bright red actually when she learned that Rita was accusing Scabior and Barty of thinking a certain way about her. It felt like hours till she found Rita Skeeter walking out of the parlor and headed right out the door without even saying a single word to her. However, Hermione didn't enjoy the smirk that was laced across Rita's lips. 

She scurried over towards the parlor door just in time to be greeted with Fenrir, who looked like he was ready to kill someone. 

"Well?" she asked. 

"I didn't say a word. But I think she was okay with that." Fenrir told her. Hermione groaned as panic started to take over her mind. She fear of what Rita was up to. She feared Rita was trying to give the program a bad name so it would be shut down for good. But then why would she be asking if they had desires about her? The reasoning could not be a good one though. Before she could speak her mind, the sound of footsteps storming over towards them caused her to peer over her shoulder to see Ron and Harry scurrying over to them. 

"What the bloody hell is Rita Skeeter doing here?" Ron asked, panting since he was out of breath. 

"She was here to interview them, which isn't good." Hermione answered. 

"When has Rita Skeeter interviewing anyone good? You remember how she was last time we saw her? I mean Hermione you got a bunch of hate mail that gave you boils and what have you from people who believed you were secretly making love potions and slipping it to me and Krum! All because she lied!!!! You couldn't open your mail for weeks! They actually had to have someone to open your mail because of it." Harry reminded her. Hermione nodded, also remembering the judgmental look on Mrs. Weasley's face when they meet up before the Triwizard's last task. She of all people should know Rita was lying about Hermione. It hurt Hermione's heart when she saw Mrs. Weasley trying to pretend she hadn't believed a word Rita had said about Hermione. 

"I mean this isn't good for the program. Whatever she's planning to write may endanger the program's ability to get funds to help other Death Eaters and others." Hermione explained, fumbling her fingers. Harry shook her head. 

"Well lets not panic since we can't do anything about it. Let's get some dinner then we can head to bed. We'll figure it out in the morning after we finish cleaning the house." Harry stated to them. Hermione nodded her head. Harry was right. There wasn't anything they can do at the moment. They'll have to figure out a plan when the article comes out, which she hoped wouldn't be as bad as the last time.