41

"Okay so quidditch is simple..." Harry went talking with Fenrir, who was leaning against his broomstick, all about quidditch while everyone was getting all settled into teams. Hermione was chosen as Ref since she knew all the fouls inside and out. The teams split into Fenrir (beater), Barty (keeper), Scabior (Seeker), Bill (chaser), and George (Chaser) vs. Harry (Seeker), Charlie (Chaser), Ron (Keeper), Ginny (Chaser), and Percy (Beater). They put protection layers all around the area so that the bludgers didn't go out of bound and go attacking the nearby Muggle village. 

"Alright everyone get into position." Hermione stated after the thirty minutes of letting the three Death Eaters get a comfortable feel to their broom. Everyone made their ways to their rightful sides before lifting off the ground. Hermione opened the trunk as the bludgers and snitch proceeded up into the air. Hermione picked up the quaffle before tossing it into the air. She had to back up quickly as Bill grabbed hold of the quaffle and soared to the other side. Hermione made her way back to the sidelines as she watched Scabior and Harry make it up over the other players. 

"Oh! This is exciting! I hope I haven't missed anything!" Hermione jolted as she turned to see Slughorn making his way over towards where they were. 

"Professor Slughorn! What are you doing here?" Hermione asked ash Slughorn stood beside her. 

"I believe I told the three of you that I would love to see Scabior and Harry playing against each other. So when I heard what you had planned for this weekend, I made my way  over her to witness it. I hope you don't mind, of course," Slughorn asked. Hermione shook her head. 

"Not at all." Hermione said as she went back to watching. It felt like an hour of the chasers passing the ball then losing it had passed till finally Bill had scored. Hermione smiled while Slughorn clapped his hands together. So far, Barty and Fenrir showed they had a knack for their roles of Keeper and Beater. She shot her eyes up towards Scabior and Harry a couple of times to see if they had made any moves. So far they sat on their brooms looming overhead, their eyes gazing over the ground for any sign of flying gold. 

"LOOK OUT!" Hermione almost didn't see what happened till it was too late. A bludger was rushing towards her. Hermione tried to get out of its way when suddenly she felt a pair of arms grabbing around her and scooping her up from the ground. She clung tightly onto her rescuer before they lowered to the ground and gently laid her onto the ground. She peered over her side to find Fenrir was the one who had saved her. She mumbled a thanks to him as he went back to playing the game. 

Just as Hermione was fixing her hair, she watched as Scabior suddenly was bolting downward, followed by Harry. Slughorn was right. They would indeed be neck and neck. Hermione's eyes were glued on the two. They swirled around each other a couple of time before they headed towards the ground. She felt her heart pound within her chest as they began getting a little too close to the ground. Suddenly Scabior climbed up until he was standing on the broom. Hermione found herself screaming while she watched Scabior literally jumped off his broom. 

He tumbled over the ground till he finally came to a halt in the midst of the field. Hermione hurried across the field before dropping to her knees to Scabior's side. 

"Scabior! Scabior!" Hermione called out, pulling Scabior's head onto her lap and pulling his hair from his face. She could see there was a cut running down his forehead with fresh blood dripping down his face. Scabior blinked a few times till finally meeting her gaze. 

"Are you alright?" she asked him, pulling out a towel from her pocket and pressed it against his skull. Slowly, Scabior shifted till he held his enclosed hand out in front of his chest. His fingers unwrapped to expose the Golden Snitch in the palm of his hand. Hermione could see his smirk running across his lips to show how proud he was of himself for being able to catch the snitch. Hermione opened her mouth to congratulate him when a bright flash came off. She shot her head up as she glared. Scurrying across the field was none other than Rita Skeeter. 

"How the hell does she always find us in these sorts of positions?" Hermione asked while Scabior shook his head. 

"At the moment, I don't care." He said while he held onto the snitch.