Chapter 4

Five Little Ducks went out one day, over the hills, and far away.
Mother Duck said, "Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack," but only four little ducks came back.

Avalynn mumbled the rest of the lullaby while walking to her Home Ec class. You could hear the students lingering in the hall gossiping or scrambling to grab their homework from their lockers. She made it to class with minutes left to spare, so she decided to rest her head on her desk before the teacher arrived. The students start to fill in their seats while talking to their friends about whatever is trending around the world. You could hear the screeching of fangirls erupting thanks to the arrival of the Sakamaki Triplets. Laito and Ayato smirked at their adoring crowd while kanato looked annoyed and walked towards his seat, Yui straggled behind them while the crowd grumbled about her "connection" with the Sakamaki brothers.

The brothers separated to sit at their spots only to realize that Ayato's seat was taken by the new girl. Ayato's smirk grew wider before looking down at Yui. Yui didn't notice Ayato looking at her since she was already looking at the new girl. Laito notices her view before chuckling loudly and Ayato nudging her shoulder harshly. "You should go introduce yourself to her bitch-chan fufufu~." "Now that you mention that, chichinashi wanted to meet her in the first place. So go on then, I wanna see what she does." The brothers said in a sadistic tone that had Yui's spine shiver (whether in pleasure or fear, we don't know) and quickly walked to where the new girl lay. They slow down near her and distant talking started to dwindle thanks to their attention on Yui going near Avalynn. Yui manages to get near her before taking a deep breath and tapping her shoulder.

"E-Excuse me, my name is Yui Komori, and I came to introduce myself to you since I didn't see your last class." yui stammers out before bowing slightly. It was silent before a couple of classmates laughed at Yui's embarrassing display. Laito and Ayato just look on with their smirks still on their faces. The class silences down quickly when noticing Avalynn waking up. "Hey there hun. I see 'em problematic Sakamaki brats made ya introduce to make you uncomfortable and me hate you like the rest of those mindless degenerates. Don't worry about that Yui, I understand and nice to meet you, " She says while her hand raised for a handshake. Yui looks at her wide-eyed before reaching towards her hand, shaking it. The class looks stunned at the display before them, and some glared at the new girl for aligning herself to the Sakamaki brother's toy. Laito and ayato just look on in contemplation before Ayato scrunches his face and heads toward Yui. Yui notices that Ayato is heading towards her fast and quickly drops the new girl's hand and quitely mumbles 'help me' to Avalynn.

Ayato made it to their space before harshly grabbing Yui's shoulder and lowering his face toward Avalynn. She just looks dead at Ayato's face before staring into his eye, Ayato thinks that she is memorized by him and starts to smirk before seeing her face start to form into a smirk as well. "I'm gonna guess you're the one and only Ayato. The clingy, obtuse, attention seeker. But don't worry, I won't tell them your little secret cherry" I winked and smiled.

"Cherry? Who are you calling a cherry, baburu!?" Ayato asks gritting his teeth. Avalynn still smiled while yui shook slightly and Laito looks on curious with his cat-like eyes. As the two stared at each other, Laito notices the door move before heading to his seat chuckling in delight at a new toy. The door opens and the Professor walks in to notice Ayato and Yui, not in their seats. "Ayato and Yui, sit down in your seats and prepare for your upcoming lesson this instant."

Ayato clicks his tongue again before heading to his seat not looking away from Avalynn. Yui mumbles an apology before scurrying after him and Avalynn doesn't look away from his stare. Not even to blink, like she didn't need to in the first.

As the day dragged on, students spread new gossip about what happened between their beloved Ayato and the new girl avalynn, the Sakamaki brother heard the news from different sections of the school. All different reactions from the brothers but one thought stood in common in their heads...

This is gonna be a treat...