Seven Years Old

Persephone's POV

The Lord of the Dead paced back and forth in the throne room, he grumbled under his breath and shifted through the papers in his hand. I sat on my flowery throne, my head rested on the palm of my hand as I watched my husband complain about how stupid Zeus was.

"Can you believe he told us to stop searching for Amethyst!" Hades's hands shook with rage. "How could he give up on her like that so easily?"

He continued his rant. I glanced over at the painting hanging on the wall; the painting was a Christmas gift from Amethyst. In the picture were Hades, Makaria, Thanatos, Cerberus, Amethyst, and me; we were dressed in our finest robes. It was a family picture, everyone was smiling even Hades, Amethyst had only seen Hades smile a few times and it was never in front of the Olympians; mainly cause he hates them.

"Hades," I loudly interrupted. "you remember that time you got drunk at Amethyst's first birthday party?"

"Yeah, what does that have to do with anything?" Confused, he looked up at me.

"You got so drunk you asked me if we could keep her, and when Poseidon came to take Amethyst, you thought you could buy her."

"I wish I did, then she wouldn't be gone."

Hephaestus's POV

When Amethyst was a baby, she never cared about my appearance; she was more interested in my work. Then there was that day she locked Aphrodite and me in a closet.

Amethyst was around six months at the time and was just learning how to walk. Aphrodite was with me since Ares wouldn't stop trying to win her back, I didn't care much to ask why they broke up, and Hestia had asked if I'd babysit. I messed around with a few objects, Aphrodite helped Amethyst with her walking; I got up from the couch and headed for the closet to get a few of my tools. It was the same closet where Aphrodite kept her stuff. She used to accuse me of ruining her stuff for her cheating on me, I stopped when Aphrodite left Ares, there was no reason to humiliate her. Anyway, she got suspicious and entered the closet to make sure I wasn't doing anything, I ignored her. Unfortunately, there was a chair by the door. Amethyst, being the curious one she was, decided to lock the door to see what happens. We tried to get her to open it, no such luck, so we blamed each other, got bored, Aphrodite got horny, and now we love each other.

Amethyst had made up her own holidays. Ones she calls Cousin Appreciation Day. 'Course, Zeus didn't like it because she always manages to "forget" Father's Day; Amethyst always spent Father's Day fishing with Poseidon.

For one Cousin Appreciation Day, Amethyst sang me a song.

She knew a lot of people tended to call me ugly, so she sang You are so beautiful by Joe Cocker. She'd also heard Hera call me imperfect after we fought about why she loves Ares more. Amethyst made a painting and she gave it to me during a meeting; an erupted volcano was in the background, lava flowed from it, and there were two hammers in crosses. In white lettering, Beauty is found in imperfections. . . also, Hera's stupid.

I showed it to the others. Hera didn't like it, but she was on thin ice when it came to Amethyst. Amethyst helped me play a prank on the gods. See, there's this thing called anime, and the women make weird sounds, like Ara-Ara, Nii-san, shit like that.

I maaaaaay have programmed that into the Olympian's thrones. Every time they sat down, a female or male voice would sound. It was pretty funny, I got in trouble and Amethyst got a timeout.

Apollo's POV

I miss my little sister, I taught her so many things, like what to do when you find a homophobic person. One of the dads at her school had heard me talking about LGBTQ+, and I told her I was bisexual. The dad told Amethyst how being LGBTQ+ was wrong and I'll go to hell.