Getting Caught

Tritons POV

I was swimming around the courtyard when I noticed something odd. In one of the towers of the palace, pink curtains were placed in the window. I swam up to the tower and opened the curtains. I was surprised to see the empty tower turned into a nursery. I turned my head to the sound of whining and entered the nursery. I swam towards the circular crib and looked in it to see a bundled newborn. The newborn started full-on crying; it was loud and utterly annoying. She didn't need a change; she smelled fine. I ransacked the entire room for a bottle and some formula. "The hell Triton!" I looked up to see dad holding a bottle. Dad would've scolded me for the mess, but the babies' cries were loud and annoying. Dad picked her up, sat in the rocking chair, and started feeding her. "Who's baby is that?" I asked him, knowing the answer. "Your new half-sister, Amethyst." Dad never took his eyes off Amethyst. A part of me was happy because dad hasn't had a daughter in millennia. Another part of me was angry. Dad swore he wouldn't have another demigod child; that was seventy years ago. For you mortals, that's a good thing. Not for my mother and me. Dad breaking the oath and having a child with another woman is going to break mom's heart. Dad never saw me leave. Quickly I swam to my mother. "Mom! Mom!" I called. "What? What's wrong, Triton?" She noticed my angry expression. "Dad had another demigod child! A daughter this time, he made her a room in the palace." Mom's eyes widened, "Where?" She asked. "The tallest to-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence because mom had swum off. I followed her. Mom burst into the tower Amethyst's nursery was in. "Let me see her!" Mom yelled. Dad looked up from the crib; he must've put Amethyst down. "Really, Triton, you told her! You little snitch!" Dad's loving expression changed to anger in about a second when he saw us. "Let me see her!" Mom tried swerving around dad to look at the child, and dad kept getting in her way. "No, I will not let you hurt Amethyst!" Dad's trident appeared in his hands, and he pointed it at mom. The bolts in the trident surged viciously at her burning the moss and algae. "What are you talking about, Poseidon?" Mom took a step back from the trident. There was this one time when dad blasted someone with that thing, and they turned into a puddle of seawater. There was talk he could do the same to an immortal. "Well, you may not react the same way as Hera when I cheat, but that still doesn't mean I won't protect Amethyst from you." Mom's nose twitched. "Do you know how long it's been since I've left Atlantis?!" Mom snapped. Dad stopped pointing his trident at her and held it tightly against him. "Never! I've never left. I've been here maintaining this goddamn palace while you prance around the mortal realm! I've been waiting for a fucking millennia for you to have a demigod daughter so I can kidnap her and have some mother-daughter time." "Don't we have two daughters?" Dad questioned. "Don't change the subject, Poseidon. I want to have fun!" Mom poked dad in the chest, then crossed her arms and stared at him. It was quiet for a few minutes. "You weren't going to blast me with that thing, were you?" Mom asked him, raising an eyebrow. Dad glanced at his trident and quickly hid it behind his back, and stuttered. "N-no, I would never do that to you." Mom tilted her head and looked at him with that look women give to men when they think they're lying. "You want to see Amethyst?" Dad moved to the side, and mom walked up, looking into the crib. Mom let dad keep Amethyst, mainly because Rhode faded away and Kymopoleia has a disruptive presence, so mom doesn't want to go on a girl's day/night out with her. We showed Amethyst to Polyphemus(cyclops), Chrysaor, and Arion(horse). They all loved her as well. A few days later, Amethyst was crowned princess of the sea. She was given her own throne. Amethyst was very adorable and she'd smile at anyone, dad got her a plush Nemo, Amethyst can't sleep without it. I loved her. She was my baby sister. When dad was getting used to taking care of Amethyst, he forgot demigods age differently than gods. I sometimes sang an Atlantean lullaby for her and she calms down. I'd show her our city, Atlantis. The lights off as everyone settled down to sleep. The guards moving from their positions.
One day during dinner we got a visit from Uncle Hades. He was dressed in black flowing robes with evil souls imbedded in them. Hades's black hair reached his shoulders and his bangs partially covered his black glittering eyes. Behind him appeared a woman. Except she was transparent and white, a ghost, she had long hair and was dressed in a hospital gown. Dad stood, "Sally?" Sally looked over to us. "Hello Poseidon." "What are you doing here?" Dad asked her. "I brought Sally here because she begged me for days to see her daughter." Hades told us in his oily voice. "I only agreed after hearing you were the father. Although the only way I'll let her see Amethyst is if I see her myself." Dad led Hades and Sally to Amethysts bedroom. Hades walked over to Amethysts crib and looked inside. "Are you sure we should let him do that?" I whispered to dad. "Hades said he wanted to look at Amethysts soul or something, make sure she won't become the downfall the prophecy said she might be." Dad explained. We watched Hades as he looked over Amethyst, we could hear her cooing. Hades signaled for Sally to come over. Sally glided over to the crib and picked up Amethyst while Hades walked his way over to us. "Sally requested that she stay to look over her Amethyst for her entire lifetime." "Wait, so you mean Sally's going to follow Amethyst everywhere?" Mom asked slightly annoyed. "To protect her yes," "What about the soul checking thing you said you were going to do?" Dad questioned. "Amethyst has a good soul, she'll grow up to be an excellent warrior." Then he left. Sally would take care of Amethyst while we slept. Sally smelt of candy and was very nice. I could see why dad slept with her, Sally reminded me of Rhea. Mom was angry that she was here, not because Sally was dads lover, because she wanted to raise Amethyst.