Four Months

Zeus's POV

  I got someone to look after Astrid since I won't be able to parent her constantly. Think of how a rich parent has a nanny to look after their child since they work so much. Although, I hired the nanny for when I have to be on Olympus. I had a study in the mansion. Behind my desk was a roaring fire, surrounding the fireplace is a library. I had tons of papers stacked on my desk that I needed to finish. They were about where raining should start and end, ending feuds, thunderstorms, blah blah blah. The paperwork was giving me a headache, which was when Astrids cry was heard through the monitor. Sighing, I snapped my fingers and a full bottle of milk appeared in my hand. I teleported to Astrids room and walked to her crib. I picked her up and placed the bottle in her mouth. I wanted to make Astrid immortal, but I had gotten used to caring for her as a baby. I put a drop of Hesperides apple in the bottle everytime I feed her. I tried my best to keep Astrid a secret from the others. I know how furious Poseidon will be when he finds out what I've done, more so when he realizes what I did can't be undone. I looked to the corner of the room where the snake terrarium was. A couple days prior, a viper had slid into Astrids crib. For some reason, the viper never attacked her. Astrid liked the snake so I placed a terrarium with everything it needs for it near the crib. I named the snake Venom. Along with the snake I got a bald eagle to protect Astrid. The eagles name was Jupiter, he had a giant perch with food and water bowl.

   That night after I placed Astrid back to  sleep, I sent a message to Hera that I wouldn't be home. I laid in bed thinking of what to do with Astrid when she's older. I could start doing the Christmas tradition with her, though I'd have to avoid spoiling her. I could take her to my favorite Chinese place, teach her how to fight.

Hades's POV

   Losing Amethyst took a toll on Poseidon. Poseidon looked weak and old. His once black hair was white, his clothes seemed to weigh him down. He wasn't as happy as he was before, Poseidon was depressed.

  Sally came back to the Underworld to wait for her daughter. No one had the heart to tell Poseidon to take apart Amethysts bedroom. He loved her so much. I knew Amethyst wasn't dead, but I knew Poseidon wouldn't believe me. I knew about Zeus's cabin, I teleported there. I searched the mansion quietly enough to not make a sound. I opened a door and saw Zeus laid sprawled on his king-sized bed. I sneered at him. He was asleep, fortunately. I had an idea for if he woke up when I kidnap Amethyst back. I tied Zeus to his bed using rope, I made sure it was tight. When I found Amethyst, I was surprised to see Zeus made a nursery for her. I was even more surprised to see the name Astrid above Amethysts crib. "He renamed you?" I muttered confused under my breath. I looked around and it hit me. "Zeus adopted you and made you his daughter," I looked back in the crib at the sleeping Amethyst and snarled. "While your father mourns your death." I picked up Amethyst and shadow traveled to Atlantis. Like I thought, Poseidon was so depressed and weak that he had to lean on Amethysts crib to look inside it. I knew what my brother was thinking. He imagined his daughter sleeping in that crib, and he hoped what had happened was all a dream. "What do you want, Hades?" Poseidon asked in a voice that was devoid of any emotion. He didn't look up at me. Frankly, he never looked at anyone the same way. "I have a gift for you, brother, that I think will lift your spirits." I walked towards him. Poseidon gave a slight chuckle. "I'm sorry, Hades, I don't accept your gift. Gems and jewels mean nothing to me." "Not even an Amethyst?" I smiled and showed the now awake child to him. You should've see how his face lit up with joy. Amethyst giggled, thrilled to see her father again. Poseidon took Amethyst out of my hands and embraced her tightly. "How did you—" Poseidon started to ask weeping tears of joy. "I pulled in a favor. I couldn't stand to see you like this." Poseidon smiled that big smile of his, and hugged me. He whispered in my ears "You're the best brother I could ask for." I nodded and left.

How Poseidon became a fatherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara