Six Months

Poseidon's POV

Hestia had told me to hurry to Olympus. I got worried thinking something happened. "Poseidon, you need to see this." Hestia grabbed my hand and brought me to the nursery. I was greeted by Amethyst taking her first wobbly steps. She looked up at me with a smile then fell flat on her face. I laughed and picked her up, tears had fallen down her face. "That was a good walk, guppy." I told her and she cheered up quickly.

I had some time and decided to take my daughter and her pets out for a walk. I put a leash on Toothless, Mrs. O'Leary and Rebel. Sunny stayed snuggled up on my shoulder, and Venom stayed in the stroller with Amethyst. Jupiter perched himself on the stroller. Hoo was nocturnal, so he stayed at home. Amethyst was chewing on a teething key.

Course, I got some looks, but who cares, my daughters happy with her pets.

I sat down on a bench and let Toothless, Mrs. O'Leary and Rebel roam, it was a dog park. I took Amethyst out of her stroller and started reading to her. Athena suggested I read chapter books so Amethyst could learn more words and speak earlier. Sunny and Jupiter flew off to a tree somewhere.

As I read to Amethyst, I could sense someone was in front of us. I looked up and saw a woman. She looked like she was made of plastic, which reminds me I shouldn't let Amethyst play with Barbie.

The woman had long blonde hair, I could see the tinge of brown appearing at the top of her head. She wore heavy makeup, it didn't look good on her. The woman wore provocative clothing: short shorts, and a white off-shoulder crop top. Hopefully, Amethyst doesn't wear stuff like that.

"Uh, hi?" I said giving a small wave. "Is there something wrong?" "Is that your daughter?" The woman asked pointing to Amethyst. "Yes, she is." "So, you're married?" The woman sat down next to me. "Yes, I am, I am happily married." I told her quickly. I held Amethyst closer to me. "You sure?" The woman gave me a flirty smile and moved closer to me. "Okay, look, I see what you're trying to do, and I do not like you. You're not my type." I got up from the bench and placed Amethyst back in her stroller, which is when Venom slithered out and curled in her shirt. The fake blonde woman screamed. "A snake! An ugly little snake!" Venom hissed dangerously at her. "Venoms not that bad," I whistled loudly to call Mrs. O'Leary, Toothless, Sunny, Jupiter, and Rebel.

Sunny flew back onto my shoulder, Jupiter perched on the stroller and the others came running. "How many pets do you have?!" The blonde woman yelled angrily at me. "Technically, they're my daughters pets, gifted by family." I put the leash back on them and left.

I really hope I never see a woman like her again. "Um, excuse me, sir." A man tapped my shoulder. I turned around and faced a man. The man had black hair, he wore a white buttoned shirt and brown pants. "What is it?" I asked him putting the brake on the stroller.

"Well, I noticed the beauty of your daughter—" "Are you some kind of pervert?" I exclaimed grabbing the collar of his shirt. "No! No! I'm with a modeling company—See!" He took out a card that says, Mark Bergman Manager of Future Faces NYC, then it's his phone number. "Modeling?" "Yes, yes, see we've been searching for a new beautiful child, and your daughter has it." "Yes, well, I have to think about it." I took his card and left.

I left Amethyst and her pets with Sally and Amphitrite then headed to Olympus to talk to Aphrodite. I knocked on her palace door, took a few minutes but she opened it. . . in her robes. "What the hell, Poseidon!" "Oh, I didn't know you and Ares—" "The fuck are you talking about? Ares isn't here, my husband is. Now what do you want?" I explained everything to her after she and Hephaestus got dressed. "A modeling agency wants Amethyst to be a model?" Hephaestus looked surprised. "Aphrodite did bless her with beauty, so it was only a matter of time." I muttered. "Look, Aphrodite, I came here because I don't know if I should register Amethyst for this modeling gig because she's only six months old." "And you're worried when Amethyst grows up she'll not like being a model." Aphrodite finished my sentence and I nodded.

"Go for it." Aphrodite said giving the card back. "Are you sure?" "Yes, if Amethyst doesn't like it, she can always change her mind, and be careful I heard sometimes pedophiles get into the child modeling industry."

I went home and talked about this with Amphitrite, Hestia, and Sally. They agreed on it and that if Amethyst wants out, she gets out.

I called Mark and Amethyst took her first photo. She was dressed in a blue dress with a bow on the waist. I had gotten the magazine. On the front it said my daughter was prettier than Helen. Every Olympian on Olympus got it and when Zeus heard, oh, you should have seen his face.

"Prettier than Helen?" Zeus exclaimed happily. "Ha, looks like Astrid inherited all my good looks." Sure, she did. I thought rolling my eyes. Zeus, Hades, and I were at a restaurant to learn to get along with each other. Mom suggested it for Amethysts sake. "All mortals think babies are cute, and since Helen was said to be the most beautiful mortal of all time and the fact that mortals have gone so far with technology that they can turn a babies face into a woman. They judged that she was much prettier than those female twins Ava and Leah Clements. Add that she was first Poseidon's child means he got she got his looks, not yours." Hades stated. Zeus grumbled something to himself and put down the magazine. "So meet any pedophiles, yet?" Hades asked me eating his food. "No, but hopefully I never do." "Just know if you do, you can send them my way." "I can torture people too, you know." Zeus said looking up at us. "Really?" Hades took a sip from his wine and glanced at Zeus. "Then maybe you could take my job as Lord of the Underworld, of course, you need brains." Things have been a bit tense between Hades and Zeus since Hades started loving Amethyst like an uncle should. Zeus has a much horrible relationship with Hades and didn't trust him around Amethyst. Then out of the blue, Lucius arrived. That man really wants us to like him. Seriously, he's sent me dozens of letters. "Hello, my lords." He said approaching us. "Hello, Lucius, how'd you know we were here? You stalking us or something?" Zeus asked him annoyed. Zeus has gotten letters from him too, and is annoyed by his persistence. Zeus believes the non-technological country thing. "No, a reporter for the Daily Prophet caught a photo of you three coming in here." Lucius took a seat. "What do you want Lucius?" I asked taking a bite of my food. "I wish to speak to you about wedding arrangements for Amethyst." "What wedding arrangements?" I looked at Zeus with a 'what the hell did you do?' Look. He noticed my look. "I didn't make any wedding arrangements for Astrid nor would I ever." "What do you mean by wedding arrangements?" I looked at Lucius angrily. Hades gave Lucius a look that made Lucius sweat with fear. "W-well," Lucius voice quivered and he tried to look away from Hades's stare. "I was just wondering if my son, Draco, could marry Amethyst. Pure-bloods marrying pure-bloods is a tradition in my family for generations, Cass- I mean, Sally, can tell you." "Sally told me she'd rather Amethyst marry someone she loves. That whole marrying a pure-blood tradition is why Sally left and changed her name." Lucius then started telling us about a war the Wizarding World went through and that my guppy marrying his son could strengthen the bond between us and the ministry. "No," Zeus and I said looking straight at Lucius. "Excuse me, my lords?" "We said no. My daughter will marry whoever she chooses," Zeus stood up, sneered and narrowed his eyes, staring Lucius down. I could swear I heard lightning outside. "Astrid will never marry your bastard child, and if I ever see you anywhere near her, I will strike you wear you stand."

Lucius looked like he wanted to yell at him, but he remained calm and nodded. He got up and left.