Four-Five Years Old

Four years old

Amethysts POV

Today was Parent/teacher conference.

My dads and I were sitting outside waiting for our turn.

The boy and his mom came out. The boy was new as well, he wasn't a good kid. I don't know what was with him since he kept making these sexual gestures towards the other girls. He's done a lot of messed up stuff.

When I saw his mom, I found out why he is the way he is.

His mom was dressed in provocative clothing, like a hooker, and a druggie. Daddy covered my eyes and dad whispered in my ear.

"You turn out like her and you're banished from Olympus."

We entered the classroom and sat in front of the teachers desk.

"So, tell me, Mrs. Anderson, how well is my daughter doing?" Dad asked the teacher, laying back in the tiny chair and straightening his suit coat.

"Well," Mrs. Anderson pulled out a file. "Your daughter is doing exceptionally well for a child her age."

I looked up at my dads, who were beaming with pride.

"She's exceeded the expectations for any student I've ever had, including for gym."

The teacher handed my dad those PACER test things that show how many laps you've run. The paper had my name on it and all the laps crossed off showing I ran more than my peers.

"Though, I am a bit concerned—"

"You just told us our daughters doing well, what could you be concerned about?" Daddy asked the teacher, looking up from the scoring paper.

"Well, Amethyst is very talkative."

"Isn't every child?"

"Yes, it's just who she talks to that has me worried."

My dads nodded on the realization on what she meant.

"I guess other parents don't send people to check up on their child." Dad sat up.

"No, not really. Since you didn't tell the school that random men would come check up on your daughter, they get worried when she starts talking to them, especially that white guy."

"Oh, you mean Hades? He's our brother, Amethysts uncle." Daddy explained to the teacher.

"Like us, he's very protective of our daughter," dad put a hand on my head and ruffled my hair.

"So is that all you're concerned about?" I slapped dads hand off my hand and glared up at him.

"The gym teacher wanted me to inform you that Amethyst is very athletic, more so than the other children and any other student he's ever had."

"Sports, athleticism, and competitions are important in our family, and Amethyst has competed in these competitions a few times in her life."

"That and you make me lift weights." I spoke playing with my hair.

We left after Mrs. Anderson told my dads how well I worked with the other kids.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a sub today, and I did not like her.

Ms. Sanchez was a mean, old lady.

During free time, I was telling one of my friends how much money I had made from my bakery and tried my best for her to understand tax.