Seven Months

Hestia's POV

Amethyst can now sit up and crawl. Although, her teething makes it harder to put her to bed, but she is mainly happy throughout the day. When Poseidon or Zeus can't, I take Amethyst to her photo shoots. There have been times the photographer asks if one of the pets or I could join the photo. I got used to people calling me a nanny, since that's what I basically was.

I didn't know how old a dragon has to be to learn to fly, but today I decided to teach Toothless anyway. I put three large boxes on top of each other and put Toothless on top of the boxes. "Okay, Toothless, today is the day you learn to fly." I told him. Toothless looked down and took a few steps back, whimpering, with his tail between his legs. "It's okay to be scared, Amethyst will feel the same way when she has to walk, but can you at least try? I promise I'll catch you." Toothless gave a low roar and spread his wings. He crouched down, lifted his wings up and back down in a fast motion. Toothless went up into the air and came back down. I caught him before he crashed. "You okay, Toothless?" I beamed. Toothless nodded and started licking my face. "Okay, okay!"

From the note Rhea had given me, Rebel is eight months old and shouldn't be drinking milk. He has also started playing with Mrs. O'Leary and Toothless. Sunny is a bit more independent and learned to fly and bathe on her own, though she still needs me to refill her bird feeder. The same for Jupiter and Hoo, who has to leave every night to hunt. Sally took care of Amethyst at night so I could deal with them in the morning. Poseidon had come over to play with Amethyst. I was cooking dinner when I heard a man say. "Hey, dad?" I looked up to see a teenage boy with tan skin. He had long black hair tied in a ponytail, the boy wore a gray shirt, light blue Hawaiian shirt with pink flowers and flamingos on it. The boy was wearing khakis and sandals. I recognized him as Triton, Poseidon's eldest son. "Hello Triton." I greeted with a smile on my face. "Hey, do you know where dad is?" "Oh, yeah, he's upstairs in the nursery." I told him where to go, I've gotten lost a couple of times in this palace. There are more than three floors and more rooms. To go with the training ground outside, Hades ordered his skeletons to build a gym. There was a music room Apollo suggested be built. A laundry room was built in the middle of my and the nursery's room. There's a grand staircase leading to the second floor that you can see when you walk in. If you hate walking up stairs, you will hate this palace. It's also a pain to clean.

Poseidon's POV

"Yes, Triton?" I noticed Triton walking in the room. "Me and my half-brothers have been talking and we were just wondering is Amethyst going to have any responsibilities?" "What are you talking about? She seven months old." "No, no, I meant when she gets older. It's obvious she's your favorite." He muttered the last part and I didn't say anything. Amethyst is my favorite child. "For starters, she has all these pets, so are you going to teach her to take care of them? Maybe even teach her to fight?" "I should worry about her responsibilities in the future, not now." Triton nodded and left.

Demeter has been on my back telling me I should feed Amethyst oatmeal, it's like cereal but for babies. I tried feeding it to Amethyst, but she never eats it.

Amethysts POV

I woke up one morning and felt hungry. I sat up in my crib and grabbed the white bars. I used them to pull myself up on my feet. I put my arms over the tops of the bars and tried my best to put my legs over as well. I squealed happily that I did it when suddenly I fell off onto my back. I wailed in pain. Mama ran to me. She picked me up and held me in the rocking chair. "Shh, shh, it's okay, baby." Mama said calming me down. "How'd you even get on the floor?" "What happened?" My other mommy burst through the door. "Somehow Amethyst got on the floor." I wouldn't stop crying so mommy took me to Apollo. He fixed me up quickly and mommy called my daddy. Daddy kept me by his side.

While daddy was doing what he did best, my tummy growled. "Are you hungry, guppy?" Daddy asked me. I nodded and we headed to the kitchen. Daddy placed me on the floor and searched through the fridge. While he wasn't looking, I crawled into the dining room and saw blueberries on the table. I crawled onto a chair and got onto the table and crawled to the blueberries. I opened the box and started eating them. I had eaten about six when daddy ran and picked me up. "There you are guppy! You scared me don't do that again. What are you eating?"

Poseidon's POV

After catching Amethyst eating a pack of blueberries, I got curious. I made Amethyst oatmeal and used food dye to dye it blue. I fed it to her and this time she ate it. I did the same with any other food I could dye blue and she ate it. Weird. At least I know what her favorite color is.