Eleven Months

Poseidon's POV

Amethysts birthday was coming up. I talked to Sally, Amphitrite, and Hestia and asked them what we should do for Amethysts birthday. "How about a princess party!" Zeus had listened in on our conversation. We looked at him. "What? I'm her parent too." We all talked it over and decided on a princess party, but not Disney. When Sally put Amethyst down for her nap, we started on the invitations. The invitations were pink and had a castle with a princess on it. At the top read: Please come to my Birthday Party. We put the date, what time it'll be, where the party will be held, and that they could RSVP. We made them out to the Weasleys, mom, the Olympians, some people from the Ministry, and reluctantly the Malfoys. On the invitation of the Weasleys, I told them that I'd gladly pick them up and take them to the party.

We picked a place in Regents Park, it was near the River. We got all the supplies for her birthday. Light blue, dark blue, blue and silver balloons, tables, blue and white tablecloths, two three tier rose gold stand rack. We also got some blue fairy lights, and birthday dinnerware. Amphitrite left to go buy a dress for Amethyst, which Amethyst will choose herself. It was a light blue, has a tutu and was lace. Demeter approached me and asked if she could help with the food, I said yes. The cake we got was a circular cake on top of another one.

On the third cake was the name Amethyst. There were sea creatures and lightning bolts on the cake, columns you'd see on a temple, and other Greek stuff. Amethyst was ecstatic for her birthday and always did when it was mentioned.

I hesitantly left Amethyst at the Malfoys. Amethyst could enter the Underworld without any fear, but entering Malfoys Manor was a challenge. I placed Amethyst down next to Draco and she looked up at me begging not to leave. "Hello, Lord Poseidon." Lucius greeted smiling, coming up to me. I forced a smile. "Hello, Lucius." "Where's Lord Zeus? I understand Amethyst is as much as his child as she is yours." My hands tightened into fists as I choked back my rage. I didn't like when people thought both Zeus and I impregnated the same woman to have our daughter. "He—he doesn't like you," I told Lucius. It was true, Zeus hated Lucius ever since he mentioned the marrying other fancy people. Like when the royals married and breed with their family members to keep the royal blood clean. I know, we gods did that too, but at least none of our children did the same for generations to come. I looked down to see Amethyst hugging my leg, she never even tried to play with Draco, who was looking at her confused. Amethyst was whimpering and a few tears fell down her cheeks. I think the only reason she doesn't like the Malfoy manor is because of the atmosphere on Olympus shes always surrounded in. "Look, Lord Poseidon, I hear you're the most sensible among your brothers. I believe it would be a good thing for Amethyst to be married to Draco. It's part of her heritage—" "Look, Lucius, Amethyst now has a new heritage." I raised my hand to stop him from talking. "She is half god. She is my child. I will not force her to marry your son, so stop asking, or else." Lucius didn't dare ask 'or else what?'

Zeus's POV

I teleported to my daughters bedroom. It was nap time for her. She was dressed in a blue onesie, that mom made, in white words 'I'm a daddy's girl' with lightning bolts and tridents on it. Astrid was sucking on her blue pacifier and clutching her Nemo plush. I smiled and nudged her. "Wake up, Astrid." I picked her up and she slowly opened her eyes. Giving a cute yawn, she rubbed her eyes. I sat in the rocking chair opposite the bed. "I hear you did very well on your first day as an actress." I, personally, enjoy reality TV more than any other genre of television. Mainly because I find mortal lives hilarious. Even though the Mason Family wasn't reality television, I'll watch it since Astrid's in it. Astrid was still sleepy, but she babbled something in response and rubbed her eye with one hand. Astrid laid her head on my chest. Jupiter flew off his perch and onto the arm of the rocking chair. Astrid saw him and reached out a hand, Jupiter let her pet him. "You know, Stormy, if you keep doing well, you could win an Oscar, walk the red carpet, even have your own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame." Toothless walked over to me and curled up at my feet. I pursed my lips. I've never seen such a domicile dragon, and I doubt whether or not he'll be the same when he's an adult. If Toothless does do anything to hurt my Stormy, I'll toss him into Tartarus the first chance I get. Though I think I hate Toothless after my encounter with Typhon. I started telling Astrid of things that I did back then, like when I buried Typhon under a mountain, or when I smited Salmonea when Salmoneus pretended to be me. Astrid listened intently and liked the stories. I heard someone clear their throat. I looked to the window. It was a French door type window with an inside ledge. The blackout curtains with clouds on it were flapping since the window was wide open. Hera was standing in front of the window in her white gown. A golden crown was placed in her long black hair and there were golden jewelry on her arms. Her lips drew back in a snarl. "You're late." Astrid held on tightly to me and I hugged her whispering, "It's okay, sweetie, I won't let her hurt you." Rubbing my daughters back, I looked up at my angry wife. "What am I late for again?" Hera's mouth opened a bit and her breathing quickened, almost like she wanted to yell, but decided not to. "Our date." She told me through gritted teeth. "Oh," I responded remembering. Hera and I had planned a dinner date for when we were both free as advised by our marriage counselor. I was heading to our palace when I remembered Astrids TV show. "I was going to come over, but I wanted to know how well Astrid did on her TV show. How well did you do, Stormy?" I grinned looking at Astrid. Astrid nodded smiling giving a cute, "Yeah." "So, you're saying," I looked to Hera, who was shaking with anger. "That that little brat is more important than our relationship?!" I held onto Astrid more tightly and got up from the rocking chair seeing Hera's face turn angry red. "You bastard!" I teleported away, pets in tow, as Hera ran towards me. I teleported to my cabin mansion in Astrids room. Mrs. O'Leary had her tail between her legs, Rebel and Toothless hid under the crib. Venom slid off somewhere and Jupiter, Sunny, and Hoo flew off into the night. I looked down to see Astrid crying. "It's okay, Stormy." I headed to my bedroom. "The scary lady's gone. We are going to stay here for awhile." I laid Astrid on the bed and read her a bedtime story. Good thing she never let go of her Nemo plush.

In the morning, I cooked up some breakfast for Astrid and her pets. I was feeding Astrid oatmeal when Hermès walked in. "Hello, Hermès." I looked up at him and saw the annoyed look on his face. "What? What's wrong?" "Nothing, it's just me and the other gods got worried about what happened to Amethyst." Hermes walked over to Astrid and patted her head. "Her names Astrid, and what do you mean?" "Well, Hera had destroyed Amethysts nursery, like completely destroyed it. Hestia had to call grandma to stop her." Hermès sat down and turned his cell phone into his caduceus. Astrid likes George and Martha, she reached out for them the moment they came out. "Georgy!" Astrid squealed. Hermès smiled and got up from the table. "We need to talk outside." He advised and I followed him out the kitchen. "Poseidon is pissed. Hera destroyed everything, she destroyed the furniture. Ripped Amethysts clothes to bits. Broke the snake terrarium even Amethysts toys. If you want to keep that girl, you need to prioritize Hera as much as you do her." I nodded at that. Hera and I have just started marriage counseling and something like this we'll have to talk through. Hermès and I looked to Astrid when we heard clatter. The caduceus had fallen on the floor and Astrid was looking down at it. "I think it'd be best if Amethyst stays out of Olympus for a few days until you and Hera work this out." "I agree." I walked over to Astrid and heard Hermès angrily mutter something. "What was that?" I asked turning my head. "Nothing." Hermès picked up his caduceus and left. Fortunately, I still kept the clothes and toys that I had initially bought for Astrid. I left Astrid with Hades and left.

Hades's POV

I heard what Hera had done to my nieces bedroom, and so close to Amethysts birthday too. I was glad to babysit my niece for a few days, as long as it meant keeping her away from Hera's wrath. Makaria certainly loved having Amethyst here. "Oh, you're so adorable." Makaria exclaimed happily picking Amethyst up. "Can we keep her, daddy! Oh please, please can we keep her!" "I wish we could," I smiled seeing Makaria chase Amethyst, who was crawling around a play tunnel. "But Poseidon would be angry if I did that." Amethyst was roaring in laughter as Makaria tried to catch her when she peeks her head out of the tunnel. Makaria stood over one end of the tunnel and waited. Amethyst stuck her head out and started getting out when Makaria wrapped her arms around Amethyst and roared. I chuckled and left. Thanatos was jealous that Makaria was spending her time with Amethyst.
I was busy doing paperwork when Hermès came in. "Hey, uncle." He walked up to me holding a box. "What's that?" I asked putting down my pen. Hermès opened the box to show the silver necklace I had given Amethyst months ago shattered. "This is one of the gifts Hera broke." "One of?" I snarled. "Yeah, there was that music box Hephaestus made, it was made of porcelain. All that's left of it now are the mechanics." I shook my head in anger. Hermès left and I fixed the necklace. I looked it over, no cracks or scratches, it was perfectly spotless. I got up and headed to Amethysts nursery. Makaria had it built so Amethyst had a place to sleep. On the floor was white fluffy rug with a play mat and a few toys. Amethyst was fast asleep clutching her Nemo plush in her black wooden crib. I placed the necklace on the bedside table and looked out the window. Amethyst had good view of Elysium, you could see all the heroes relaxing on beaches, drinking the night away, and other such fun things mortals expect in the afterlife. . . that is if they've earned it. I looked down feeling someone tug on my toga. Amethyst had awoken and was now looking at the souls on my robes. She poked their faces and laughed seeing they didn't like it. It seems she understands the meaning of 'Tortured for all eternity.'

We'd have breakfast everyday on the balcony which has a view of the Fields of Asphodel. During breakfast, Amethyst would look out and try to spot her fathers, stepmother, or foster mother. Sally was on Olympus helping fix Amethysts room. There were nights where the Oneiroi would think it's funny to plague her dreams with nightmares. I made sure to give them a piece of my mind.