Four Years Old

Amethysts POV

This year was not my year.

First, I get my back ripped open by Grandpa. Second, some crazy lady tells me I'm not supposed to eat meat, and then a woman tries stealing my favorite necklace!

Although Uncle Hades did allow me to beat her up.

It was really easy, too; she was surprisingly weak.

And it made good entertainment for Hephaestus TV.

Dad wanted me to fight in the coliseum, and he asked both Athena and Chiron to train me.

From the get-go, it was a real bad idea, but any idea my dad, Zeus, thinks of is a bad idea.

Athena and Chiron had different ways to train someone. All I learned was how to argue.

I was dressed in my armor with my sword in hand and was getting tired of their bickering. "Hey," I yelled to get their attention.

They were still arguing over which fighting technique would be better for me because I'm four.

Being the daughter of both Poseidon and Zeus, I knew exactly what these two didn't like.

And that was a slap on the butt.

Athena got surprised that I dared to touch her immortal behind, and Chiron did the same thing all horses do when you slap their butt, and that's run like the wind.

"Amethyst, what is the matter with you?" She scolded. "You don't do that. That's a bad thing to do."

"I only did it because I got tired of your fighting, and it was the most effective way to get your attention," I explained, crossing my arms.

"I thought you were supposed to teach me how to fight, not how to argue."

Athena sighed and shook her head.

Chiron trotted over, not happy, and we started training.

The first part was how to wield my sword. My dads wouldn't let me use it cause they thought I'd get hurt.

"Considering your sword can fold, you will need to learn how to unfold it quickly," Chiron told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because if you take too long, that gives the enemy time to kill you," Athena explained.

We spent a few minutes on timing how fast I could open my sword.

When I finally could, we moved on to the fighting.

"Okay, Amethyst," Athena started. "Now that you can quickly open your sword, I want you to do that and strike the dummy."

Athena pointed to a stuffed dummy like the ones they have in Camp Halfblood.

I did and slashed the dummy open, straw everywhere. I continued attacking the dummy and imagining it was Gabe.

"Alright," cousin Athy snapped her fingers, and a Celestial Bronze sword appeared in her hands.

"Let's see how you do against a real person."

Authors Note: Keep in mind, I'm not good at writing action.

I got ready and gripped my weapon.

Athy charged at me. She raised her sword; I blocked it and pushed her a few feet.

I had an idea and ran away when Athena charged at me again.

I ran to the edge of the stadium, Athena following suit. I ran fast enough to run up the wall and do a flip onto Athenas back.