One Years Old

Hephaestus's POV

Zeus and Poseidon had gotten into a dispute about something. I didn't care to listen. Zeus chose me to look after Astrid while he yells at Poseidon.

I brought her to my forge to get her away from the fighting. Multiple inventions of mine were scattered around the place. Some pieces of metal, along with tools, were on the workbenches.

I placed Amethyst on a play mat and gave her some toys, paper, and crayons to play with. I went to my workbench and continued making Amethyst's throne.

Zeus wanted to turn Amethyst immortal but first wants her to have her own throne since she's the Princess of Olympus and therefore needs a throne.

Now, the way our thrones are arranged is in a U-shape with the women on one side and men on the other. Zeus wants Amethyst to be sat in between him and Poseidon, so she'll be on the boy's side.

The throne would be the same size as all the others, but since Amethyst is a toddler with ADHD, there will be a few differences.

According to Zeus's orders, the throne will be made of solid platinum and have a pocket where crayons, papers, and a coloring book will be kept. With a press of a button, a plate that you'd see on a high chair would pop out from the arm and stay in front of Amethyst.

While working on the throne, Amethyst had walked over. She pointed at the throne.

"What's that?" Amethyst asked in her baby voice.

"A throne," I answered bluntly, not looking away from the mechanisms. "Your father ordered me to make it for you."

"Why?"

"Because you're the princess."

"Why?"

"I don't know why you're the princess, Zeus just crowned you as one, and he wants you to be seated next to him."

I glanced up at Amethyst. She was staring and tilting her head at the throne. Amethyst walked around it and looked it up and down.

"What?" I asked her when she came round. "What's wrong?"

"It's boring," Amethyst told me, looking down at her hands. She moved side to side while fidgeting with her hands.

"You don't like the color?"

Amethyst shook her head no. I understand why she might not like it. Zeus just told me to make the throne a solid platinum, and that's it. Compared to this and all the other thrones, it was bland.

I looked back to Amethyst and suggested. "Do you want to decorate it after I'm done?"

With a smile, Amethyst nodded her head and went over to get her crayons.

I finished up what I was doing, so Amethyst could design her new chair.

Amethyst ran over and tried to climb onto the chair. I helped her up. Amethyst stood on the seat and wrote in blue crayon her name at the top. I left Amethyst to her creativity and called Athena, asking her to come over.

"What is it, Hephaestus?" She asked me when she arrived.

"Amethyst wants to decorate her throne, and I thought you could help her with that." Athena sighed, and I brought her over to where Amethyst was drawing away.

Amethyst had done more than draw on the throne. She had used her powers; she grew some vines and flowers on the throne and some stickers.

Athena walked over in front of the throne and stared at Amethyst mindlessly decorating her throne. After a few minutes, Amethyst turned her head.