Entering Fatherhood

Poseidon's POV

I had found out Sally had died while giving birth to my son, Perseus Jackson. Sally asked me that if there was a chance she died during birth, I take our son and take care of him. I headed to Sally's apartment; when I opened the door, a foul stench filled my nose. Gabe had been drinking again, this time with his poker buddies. They were passed out on the floor. I crossed my arms and growled. I never liked Gabe, a terrible fit to be anything other than a lazy alcoholic. He never worked a day in his life but still gets money, which he wastes on beer and poker. Gabe does the same with Sally's money, so I gladly paid for my son's necessities. On cue, my son started to cry. I headed to his room, not caring if Gabe or his friends heard me. My son's room was painted blue, it was tiny, but we made it work. A polished dark wood crib in one corner, a changer next to it. Laundry hamper and trash can next to the changer, one white dresser, and a chair in a corner.
I looked down to see the baby carrier had been thrown onto the ground. The baby carrier was on its side. I ran to it. Thankfully, my son was strapped in. Weirdly, he was swaddled in a pink blanket. I unstrapped him and took him out of the carrier. My mouth dropped. Sally had given me a daughter, not a son. I waved my hand, and a baby bottle appeared on the dresser next to me. I grabbed it, sat in the chair, and started feeding her. As I sat there feeding my kid, I was a bit surprised she was a girl. Don't get me wrong; I love her to death; it's just I haven't had a daughter in a millennia. Sally must've been surprised as well if she got a look at our daughter.

My daughter was a feminine version of me, with her little tuft of messy jet-black hair and sea-green eyes. She sucked out the milk from the bottle eagerly. She must've not been fed in awhile. I thought. She looked up at me and smiled. "I'm better than Gabe, aren't I?" I asked her grinning. She squealed in delight agreeing with me.

Our daughter must be named something other than Perseus. I looked around the room and saw a rumpled diaper bag. I burped my daughter and placed her in the crib. I checked the diaper bag and found a piece of paper. My daughter's birth certificate, Amethyst Jackson, was my daughter's name. I smiled. It was a good name for my daughter. There was another letter in the diaper bag. It was addressed to me.

Dear Poseidon,
If you're getting this, I'm dead. I know we talked about this, and I remember that you were hesitant about the matter, but I beg you to take care of our daughter. I found out about a month ago. Foster care is terrible for a child, and I want Amethyst to be well cared for, not by a person like Gabe. There's also something you should know, I was born and grew up in London, my real name is Cassandra Black. My family is very privileged, not royal, just rich. Everyone except my twin brother, Sirius, is dead. You'll hear bad things about my brother, but I swear it's not true. You might not believe me, but I'm a witch. Amethyst will be one too when she turns eleven. There's a wizarding school in Scotland that I'd like you to send her to; if you wish to have more information, you can talk to my best friend, Molly Weasley. She still lives in London. Molly will meet you in Hyde Park on August 20 at 3:30 to talk to you about Hogwarts or take Amethyst.

I was shocked. Witch? Sally was a witch? I looked at Amethyst. She hadn't fallen asleep. Amethyst looked up at me with her sea-green eyes. Amethyst gave me a toothless smile; I smiled back. I turned my head at the sound of a loud thud. I peeked out the door and saw a stumbling Gabe enter the kitchen. Quickly, I packed up Amethyst's things and took her back to my palace. My palace is as big as Olympus, with wide courtyards and columned pavilions. Twenty or thirty of the buildings are made of abalone, white but gleaming with rainbow colors. The fish and octopi are darting in and out of the windows; the gardens are full of exotic sea plants and coral colonies, with luminescent jellyfish that drifted about like Christmas lights. The paths are lined with glowing pearls. The doorways are huge because of the cyclops.
The roof has a big open deck that I set up as a command center. My throne is made of coral; there is a mosaic on the floor that shows an exact map of my palace and the surrounding ocean. Yeah, sometimes I get lost, but you would too living in a palace. Colored stone tiles represent my different armies, and the sea monsters shift around as the forces change position, like the soldiers at Buckingham Palace. Cyclops work in the forges near my palace. There was a room in my palace that was big enough for Amethyst. It was empty and dusty because I didn't know what to do with it. There was a walk-in closet, a bathroom, a window that overlooked the entire kingdom. "You're going to love this place, guppy," I told her. Amethyst cooed. I put Amethyst in a baby carrier while I cleaned her room and decorated. It was princess-themed, and I might've gone overboard with it. I painted the room a soft pink and added a bed in the corner.

 I painted the room a soft pink and added a bed in the corner

(This bed)
I placed a soft white, gigantic rug on the floor. I put up a shelf with boxes of toys, books, and a playmat on the floor. I placed a changing table, a laundry hamper, and a trash can next to the bed. A big dresser was placed on the other side of the circular crib. There I placed all of Amethyst's clothes, towels, and bedding. A rocking chair was in the middle of the crib and dresser. The bathtub, shampoo, soap, I chose Aveeno for Amethyst. I put up pink curtains and placed Amethyst in her crib. I left her there to sleep.

Authors note: If any of you recognize this story, then yes, I am percyOlympians657. I was banned for Explicit reasons. I'm not sure why as that's all it said. It could be because I wrote sex, but a lot of people do that on here, but I feel it's most likely I didn't put mature on things that were mature. Anyway, I'm back and will be putting my stories back on. I've decided to post stories when they're finished or when I've finished a ton of chapters, so it'll be a while before you see the others.