17. Demons May Be Closer Than They Appear

AN: Hey Guys! I am so glad everyone likes the fic so far. There will probably be only 13 more chapters. Season 2 is my favorite season. I would love to rewrite another season as a sequel to this story once I close all of the fics across my 5 accounts. Tell me what your favorite season is, and why it is your favorite season. Enjoy this chapter!

A convo between Derek and Sheriff Stilinski

March 19th, 2012

7:19 AM

Stiles was still annoyed as Derek had insisted on renting two hotel rooms at the Lamont. He was surprised that Scott was letting him stay with them for the weekend... he felt like a child of divorce. He hated that he still loved Scott after he was such a douche to him. He most likely allowed this because he was with Allison enjoying their newfound marking.

Stiles remembered having the second bed in the room to himself, but he felt a heavy body behind him with a large bicep trapping him against a muscular torso. "Derek... Why are you in my bed," Stiles sighed as, by his breathing, he knew that the Alpha was awake.

"You started to have night terror, so I came to comfort you," Derek said, and Stiles thought that was sweet, but Hales didn't really keep their charm up for him. "Isaac kept farting up the room, and I needed to drain my nuts soon, so... when do you think you will get on that?"

"I just woke up..."

"I know... so, do you need a minute or five?" Derek asked. Stiles rolled his eyes, a little turned on by Derek's pleading. 

"Where are the others... I don't want lockjaw this early," Stiles asked as he sat up and stretched, turning to look at Derek only in his boxers looking up at him. Derek's sage eyes popped in the morning, his black stubble making them even more dramatic.

"They are out at the building I just bought, making it safe for you to move in," Derek said, and Stiles looked at him like he didn't hear him correctly. Derek rolled his eyes and sighed, "I bought an old loft building in the warehouse district. They are over there with Deaton working on making it a safe place for the pack, so the Kanima and anyone that isn't in our pack can't come in."

"Why did you buy a building for me?"

"I have been eying it for a while... I didn't only buy it for you. I bought it to protect the pups, too," Derek said, and Stiles flinched. "Stiles, we will have to talk about this sooner than later. They will be here in 6 months.

"They will be here in 9 months," Stiles corrected, still trying not to think too much about what he had just said.