5. The Veil

"Hey, Stiles, what brings you by today?" Deaton asked.

"Did Scott forget to tell you?" Stiles raised his eyebrow.

"I gave Scott the week off to focus on the Kanima," Deaton told him. Stiles knew better than not to take it personally when Scott lied to him, but he kept a strong face. Isaac then came closer so he could hear better.

"Well, I was reading up on the Kanima," Stiles grabbed a paper from his pocket and handed it to Deaton, "I read that if you put a hex on the human form of the Kanima, then you put the hex on the master too."

"Where did you find this?" Deaton looked impressed

"Dark Web,"

"Well... This could potentially work, but I need to find a skilled witch. If a Hex Bag isn't made properly, it could kill the targets and potentially the witch."

"Aren't you a witch?" Stiles asked, confused and Deaton chuckled, shaking his head.

"All right, Stiles, I will get to work as soon as I get all the fleas off of this kitten," Deaton looked back into his work area, raising his eyebrows when he didn't see that cat anywhere. Stiles felt pulling at his jeans. He looked down and was met with a gray kitten with ice-blue eyes climbing up his leg and meowing like he was about to die. He was soaking wet and soapy. "Looks like he wants to go home with you,"

"Dad wouldn't like that. We like dogs more anyway," Stiles smiled, picking up the kitten and putting it on the counter. Stiles petted the cat as he tried to shake his wetness away but then meowed, annoyed that he was still soaked.

"I am sure you can find a place for him," Deaton said, and Stiles raised his eyebrows, "A house somewhere out in the woods,"

"How do you know about that?" Stiles asked

"I have my sources," Deaton said, making Stiles glare at him, he was something, and he was going to figure out what he was.

"He is pretty cute...." Stiles' attention went to the kitten when she tried to jump onto his chest.

"Think about it for the weekend, I have to give her shots, and she has just a few more to get rid of her worms," Deaton laughed as he got the kitten from Stiles, nodding goodbye to the boy as he went back to bathing the cat.

Isaac was wondering what Stiles was doing with a house in the woods. The bricks and boards make sense if Stiles is building a little hut. He followed the Jeep down a dirt road for 20 minutes. There were truly no other houses around here. Isaac remembered being on the side of the forest. It could be one of the places he had been during his night runs. He did recognize the smell of burnt wood. He had never been there before, but he had heard many stories about the Hale Manor fire. Sometimes when Derek would come to the warehouse in the middle of the night, he would smell like a fire. The betas always thought he might have been around a bonfire, but the stench had a distinct smell.