EPISODE 10 CHAPTER 19

Mulai dari awal

"Basically, Peter's taking Melissa on a date and he wants us to try and sabotage it," he explained.

"Oh."

He glanced at her and noticed bags under her eyes that she tried to cover up with makeup. He decided not to say anything, thinking that she probably doesn't want to talk about it, which she didn't.

"I see their car, it's the one pulled over on the side of the road," she said.

Stiles pulled over right behind the car Cassie pointed out. He stepped on the gas a little, bumping the car in front of them purposely.

Melissa walked out the car frustrated.

"Aww, are you kidding me? Stiles!" She squinted her eyes at the windshield when she saw someone else with him. "And girl I don't know."

The two got out of the car, playing dumb.

"Mrs. McCall?"

"Yes!"

"Wow, this is... this is just crazy. What a coincidence, huh?"

"See, Stiles, I told you to keep your eyes on the road!" Stiles shot her a glare.

"I don't know what happened! You guys just came out of no where!"

"Came out of nowhere? We were parked on the side of the road, Stiles."

"How crazy is that?" He exclaimed. "We should probably call the cops, do like an accident report thing."

"I don't think that's necessary," Peter replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I-I think I'm feeling a little whiplash," Cassie said, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Whiplash? You guys hit us!"

"I don't know, there's something definitely wrong with my neck," she replied.

"What were you guys doing out here anyways?"

"Oh, we were, uh, we were..."

"On a date!" Stiles finished, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend," Melissa said, crossing her arms.

"Well, this is her!"

Cassie gritted her teeth and smiled politely at Melissa. "That's me, his girlfriend."

"Well, we should get going now. She has a curfew and a very overprotective dad," Stiles said before both Cassie and him got inside the jeep.

As soon as they did, she slapped his arm.

"Ow! What was that for!"

"You know exactly what it was for! Start driving."

He pouted at her before starting the engine and driving away.

A couple minutes passed of a comfortable silence between them before Stiles decided to speak up.

"So, are you going to the winter formal?"

"Hah, no," she answered.

"Wha- why not?"

"Well, Em's not going, Lydia has some date with a guy on the lacrosse team, and Allison is going with Jackson which leaves me all alone," she explained.

"So, you're not going because you have don't a date."

"Yeah, basically."

He felt a wave of confidence come over him. "Well, I don't have a date either. Maybe we could go together."

She felt herself blush when she heard him suggest that idea. She got butterflies in her stomach just thinking about them going to the dance together, doing the slow dances together, potentially kissing each other. She smiled at her thoughts she was forming in her head.

"Okay."

He glanced at her, surprised that she actually agreed. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, uh great! I'll pick you up at 8:00?" He pulled up on her driveway and looked at her for her answer.

Come on, Cassie. If he's asking you to the formal, he probably likes you back.

She took a deep breath before deciding on what she wanted to do.

"Yep, it's a date." She unbuckled her seat belt and leaned over the console. She kissed his cheek before leaving the jeep.

Just as she was on her doorstep, she looked back at him fist pumping the air and mouthing the word "yes" multiple times. She giggled at the sight.

"Dork."