Chapter 33

A building power slowly started spreading, the violence of doom in it stronger than any poison. Joon was numb to the plight of the world as he let his power flow, his arms sheltering the cold dead body of his love.

Right after her heart had stopped, a burst of light rushed out of her body, hovering over his choking and sobbing form.

For just a few seconds, that light had descended over him, surrounding him with a gentle yet strong love. A warmth that would have been able to thaw him for a bit.

But that light had then abruptly been sucked away, leaving him in the darkness again.

Leaving him, alone.

His soul was cleansed. She, was claimed by death.

Joon had no thoughts in his mind, but his darkness pushed him to an unconscious one.

What right did the others have in breathing the air when she no longer could? What right did any human have of being alive, when she was not?

The slashing aura of his biting, brutal power restlessly kept building, resulting in every single glass of the house in shattering.

The first one he would mercilessly kill would be Mira. Then her brother.

The reason that Anya had been adamant about this path was because she had sensed what he had deeply wanted to remain hidden. His secret desire that he had been struggling to control.

Even before he had died the thought had come often to him, making him stay awake at nights. The thought that had resulted in many episodes of violent rage, of him smashing anything he could find. The wish that he wanted to come true.

For more than nine years, he had wanted Mira, So Hyun and Soyeon to die.

If they were gone, Anya would only have been his. He loathed, he absolutely despised having to share her with them. Hated it.

Many times he would wonder if paying the mob for their deaths would result in a future where Anya would not find out about the part he had in it, but every time he had hesitated.

They had always made her happy.

If they died, maybe it would put a cast of sadness that would not leave for a long time.

The energy of his power cackled. It was almost ready to be unleashed on this world.

Yet, when the power was about to peak, a jolt of dark energy crashed into him, pushing him off the bed. That energy got absorbed quickly in his body, coursing through him in a familiar way, boiling him from within. Twisting and coursing, it lifted his form up and broke him apart, the consequences so fast, that Joon could not even have a moment to scream.

Innumerable hot needles seemed to pierce his mind, releasing threads of memories which had remained locked.

He barely got any time to understand them, when the power he had let out to build and spread, came crashing into him, soaking his soul which was already filled with the dark energy.

Together, they churned in a cacophony of demonic voices until Joon felt he would go mad from the noise. Just when he thought he would no longer be able to take it anymore, his body. . . transformed.

For a few minutes, Joon went through hellish pain as his real power, real identity and his memories released itself from its restrictions before settling down in him.

Then, his form dropped down.

Dazed, he sat on the floor for some time.

"You were one big disaster."