Chapter 21

Once she was settled, Anya had asked her specifically to take her time and remember to speak about everything of importance but Na Rae was agitated, "Can you please help my son first?? I promise to say everything once I know he is safe and-"

"Not for a second did all of us forget that you are the reason why Namjoon lost his life." Anya cut her off ruthlessly, "If you are expecting sympathies from me, know that it is the last thing I am capable of offering to the murderer of my beloved. The fact that I am treating you civilly is already more than what my limit of niceties can reach to."

Anya took a cushion from the sofa, held it down on her lap and hugged it to herself, "Speak."

"To know what he faced in the childhood, it is important to know about his parents. Society had them as the perfect example of marriage between two huge financial corporation and a model husband wife till the day of the wife's tragic demise, following which the husband, so in love still, could never even bear to consider marriage to anyone else even though he was at his pinnacle in his life.

Those were all lies. Utter and complete lies.

Madam had someone she loved ardently. The man too was equally in love with her. He was from a slightly low family than the one she was born in, but rich nevertheless. Their love was accepted by both parties. Madame, I had heard, had been deliriously happy. Their engagement was soon to be announced when at the same time, My Master was facing a particular hostile takeover from a well established Japanese company.

In order to win and have his company become the dominant force in the country, Master needed a particular distribution source. That was one of the core elements in Madam's father's sphere of influence.

My Master approached Madam's father, wanting to have a business merger. It was at this point, the first of greed struck the flowing blissful life. Madam's family was nouveau riche, they did not have the class and elegance of the aristocrats with a timeless reputation which was the key, to be admitted in the meetings with the upper echelons. The reason why Madam had been allowed to indulge in her love even though his wealth was not at par, was because the man she loved was the second son of an established aristocracy.

But the Kang name was the most influential in this country. No other family could even be more than what they were. Greedy to get a more bigger boost up the ladder, Madam's father countered the deal. He asked my Master to marry his daughter in exchange of not just a one time help, but for him to acquire the distribution source for his own as part of the given dowry.

Master urgently needed help at that point, and being the man he was, marriage did not faze him. It was, afterall, high time for him to be married. He was 40 by then. A deal was struck.

In their selfish greed, none of the men ever thought about Madam. Or her feelings. She was but a beautiful young commodity to be exchanged for power.

When the news was given to Madam, she obviously refused. But her father was ruthless. Before she could contact her sweetheart, in just a day, her father had her wed to my master. Their was no big wedding, no celebration. Just a registered signature, and she was handed over like a bought meat.

Once in my Master's house, Master straight away took her to a room and locked her in. He knew of her past, but he did not care. He did not care if she loved another, in his eyes, it was her grave sin, something that he magnanimously forgave.

As the husband, since the first day he brought home a nineteen year old frightened and resentful bride, he went ahead to exercise his conjugal rights. Every night. Her screams that rang in the house, was never of pleasure. Only of deep, deep pain.

Before long, as nature would have it, Madam became pregnant. Being cut off from the world, living in just the one room where she was confined, she had no idea what the man she had loved was doing, or what had he been told.