Chapter 2

1 YEARS LATER

"ANYA!!!! At least listen to us on this day!! Be excited as us!!!!" Han Soyeon shouted with deafening volume in the poor girl's ears.

Instinctively, Anya's palm planted on the girl's face with a smack, trying to push it away, "You think putting my ears out of commission will do that trick you absurd loud speaking alien???" Anya groaned over the whistling of wind coming from the open window of the fast moving car.

Soyeon shamelessly swatted away her best friend's hand, to put her absurdly cheerful beaming face close to Anya again, "You are at last moving into a house of your dreams!! How can you not be thousand folds more excited than this???"

"A house that was left to me in the will of my old grandma who now died a month back." Anya deadpan replied.

Completely undisturbed by it, Soyeon dismissively waved her hand, "That old witch treated you worse than a contracted slave in your childhood. Giving you the house is the least she could do to clear a little bit of her karma for all the sins she has committed."

With a sparkle in her eyes, she practically bounced on her seat, "See? By accepting the house with an open heart, you are actually forgiving her which would definitely help her with the judgement she will face in the afterlife!"

Anya raised an eyebrow at her friend, "Remind me again, who was it exactly, who vehemently wanted me to reject the will and sell it away on the grounds of not giving an inch to the person who quote, "never treated you as a human let alone a granddaughter"?"

"That was until that greedy girl actually saw the house." Kim So Hyun said sardonically from the front seat.

Twisting his body, he looked back at his girlfriend who blushed a bit, "Right, Sweet pea?"

"OF COURSE NOT!" Soyeon retorted indignantly, "Anya ALWAYS dreamed of having a beach house!! How can I stand in the path of my best friend's happiness?????"

"So that means you have no aspirations whatsoever of moving in and living with Anya?" So Hyun persisted in his questions.

"I-- well-you-" Soyeon stuttered a little, "Well! I can't just let my precious Blueberry to live all alone in a strange house which is new and a little isolated!!! Its my duty to make sure to take care of her, especially when you know how she gets when she starts writing!! What if she gets scared."

"Ah!" So Hyun nodded piously, "Of course." Then he winked at Anya, causing her to chortle.

"AHH! CAN YOU BAND OF OAFS KEEP IT DOWN!!!" Lee Mira shouted suddenly from the opposite window seat of the car where she was trying to sleep, "Disturbing my sleep" she grumbled.

"When do you not sleep?" So Hyun uttered a long suffering sigh, "Honestly, if we need to keep it quiet for every instance of finding you asleep, we might as well as go ahead to take a vow of silence for life, like a monk."

Mira snorted, "With a monk like you, even the gods of the temple would flee."

"EXCUSE ME? Are you actually insultingly demeaning my awesomeness? Even if you search the entire damn country, you will never get a man like me! Gentle, handsome, well behaved, dashing, sexy, intelligent, with a killing sense of humou-"

"Ah yes, you do kill everyone to boredom with your god-awful pathetic jokes which never make sense." Mira closed her eyes again.

Enraged, So Hyun completely turned back from the front seat, "HAH! ONLY YOUR WEIRD ASS MUMBO JUMBO YELLOW PAPER TALISMAN GYPSY ASS WILL NOT FIND MY JOKES FUNNY!! WHY DO I HAVE YOU AS MY SISTER??"

"Babe," Soyeon winced as she apologetically looked at her boyfriend, "Unfortunately, Mira is right."

"Why--? I never! The utter disrespect!"