Chapter 20

"Are you sure about his study? We got into it so easily. Are you sure this is his study?" Sung Ki was seated on the floor, holding Yoon Soo's hand who was frightened as well. Both of them looked at Oh Na Rae who stood against the window.

She had opened the curtains. Even though the window could not be opened, the moonlight made the room they were in clearly visible.

The family of three truly had not encountered a single problem. The minute they had started running towards Namjoon's study, they had reached it perfectly safely without any unusual delay. The door unlocked normally and since then had been closed properly as well.

In the room, they found they could not hear any other sounds from the house.

It had been close to half an hour now, and nothing untoward had happened to them nor had they heard anything strange coming from the outside. Nothing at all. Not only were they miraculously sheltered from the eerie occurring, even the bitter cold dispersed in every corner of the mansion remained conspicuously absent from this room as well.

Still, they did not have the courage to go out to take a peek at the situation outside.

"Mother?" Yoon Soo prompted Oh Na Rae again when she did not answer. Because this room, did not have any resemblance to any type of study that a top tier financial player like Joon could be imagined to have.

The floor was fitted with an incredibly soft carpet, with 4 sets of plush sofa set in the middle forming a square, a low black glassed coffee table in the middle. Three walls of the room had racks built in, with one wall having the window with the curtains.

Placed in the corners were small tables with candles and a few vases in their center. A long, sturdy mahogany desk with a chair stood majestically at the far end of the room, the only piece of furniture that could be classified in the category of furnishings, a study should have.

But the desk was clear, without any folders, littered only with pens.

The racks on the wall were completely empty, not even a small decorative item placed on its lonely boards.

"It is." Oh Na Rae spoke quietly, her unseeing eyes lost in the sight of past while overlooking the grounds, "It was the room he spent his most time in."

Sung Ki made a disgruntled sound, "Look at him!! My master's study was brimming with his work. I had a hard time keeping everything organized as well as within reach because he continuously worked so hard even while in home that his study looked more like a hub, the very core of his company. And what of his son? Nothing! After all, how could he ever be as dedicated to work as my Master had been? Not even a single shred of paper can be seen here even though this room has not been touched in terms of being cleared out by his uncle."

Oh Na Rae remained silent while her husband went about talking about Joon's shortcomings. Their son too never tried to correct or stop his father even though he knew they were present in his house, while facing his unleashed ghost.

Because Yoon Soo understood what his frightened father was actually doing.

He was comforting himself, trying to convince his own guilt and remorse by justifying his own actions that led to this moment when he feared his death.

By using any small actions, any meaningless acts.

Because.

He was afraid.

Na Rae let her husband finish and stop for a few minutes before she spoke, "This was his country house. Rarely did he come here, only when he wanted to rest. This room is a study for all the purpose of serving a label to outsiders." With a bitter voice, she said, "In reality, this room was a shrine."