Chapter 6

"Joon" Anya called out as soon as she picked up the receiver.

Namjoon waited till the click confirmed the other side of the telephone being put down. Then with a smile in his deep voice he asked, "The way you called my name. . . . do you miss me Little Fruit?"

His words, his voice. . . that question.

It had an immediate effect on Anya. Her heart sped up as an overwhelming sense of coming home swept through her. Her legs lost the power to keep her standing straight so she slowly sat down near the table, gripping the receiver tightly.

"No. I didn't. Not even for a second."

A beat passed before Namjoon whispered, "Little liar."

She let that silence envelop her. Even though she was alone in her room, after a whole year, she felt happy again. Like the band constricting her chest had finally been released, that she could breathe again.

"A whole year." Anya closed her eyes as she talked, "Why Joon? Was it that easy? Ignoring me?" the tears she wanted to prevent still escaped from the corner, trailing down silently on her cheeks, the drops steadily falling on her clothes, "Forgetting me?"

The first time she had talked to him 2 days back, her happiness at being reunited had kept from her dark bitterness and hurt from spilling over, but today, she could not control it.

"How was it possible Joon? For you to go a year without talking to me? How?"

With every word, the whisper slowly started turning into a screaming pitch of her pain unleashing itself from deep within her heart.

"Ever since the year I met you, you kept promising me to always be person who stood by my side no matter what came to us in the future. When I asked you to not make such promises so easily, all you did was smile and ask me to trust you. Trust you to always keep that promise. Though I never acknowledged it, you know that it is the one oath that I keep locked with my very soul.

Always. That is our vow to each other, is it not??

So tell me, how could you leave three nights before you promised to make me yours??

I still understood, I know a betrayal came from the blue. I was and am thankful that you escaped, but how could you only talk to So Hyun, asking him to relay your messages?? How could you sleep when you kept repeatedly rejecting my desperation to speak to you??

Do you even have any idea of the panic and the utter desolation that started building up with your continued absence?? No one would tell me where you were! The Kang Family only revealed a statement of you having gone to Japan and nothing else!!

Each day started feeling like a shard of broken glass which kept burying in my chest! Each day my fears kept building to the point I could not eat, could not even think of sleeping! Each day, I suffered a poisoning from every breath I breathed not understanding the separation YOU induced me in!!

Only So Hyun's messages kept me sane!! Why did you not write to me??? What had happened to the extent where your success meant more to you than helping me out of the increasing pain you left me in???

OR DID YOU THINK I COULD BE UNBOTHERED AND HAPPY AT THE PALTRY ALMS YOU GAVE ME WITH SO HYUN'S MESSAGES???

DID YOU THINK THAT A BURROWING PIERCING SENSE OF BEING ABANDONED BY YOU DID NOT LEAVE ME HOLLOW TO MY CORE???

DID YOU THINK IT WAS EASY FOR ME TO FACE THE DAWN EACH DAY AND WILL MYSELF TO KEEP WAITING FOR YOU??? TO NOT GIVE IN TO THE THROBBING, BITING SENSE OF LOSS THAT PLAGUED ME TO DEATH???????

TELL ME KIM NAMJOON, DO YOU THINK IT WAS EASY FOR ME TO KEEP BREATHING AFTER THE WAY YOU LEFT ME????"

Anya screamed in the receiver, her tears long since turned into sobs, her pain, her panic, her worries finally having an outlet.