Chapter 4

Anya lay on her bed at night, looking around the room. It was exactly to her taste. With the dark drapes pulled aside to let the moonlit night light the bed on which she lay in a soft glow, her surroundings draped itself in the shadow of the dark, the spacious room with its walnut and dark brown furnishings against the pastel beige of the walls created a timeless elegance.

Lost in her thoughts, suddenly So Hyun's shout made her vigilant, "ANYA, NAMJOON IS ON THE PHONE!"

Hearing him, Anya surprisingly, did not move.

Not having any contact with him for a year, when suddenly she could, something in her froze.

"YOU HAVE ANOTHER PHONE IN YOUR ROOM! USE THAT BLUEBERRY!!"

Anya turned her head from where she lay, to see the black telephone lying on her bedside table. For a precious few seconds, she simply stared at it, then shakily reached for the receiver, curling her hands over it and lifting it to her ears.

"I'll be keeping this line down then." So Hyun's cheerful voice came from the phone before a click proved his words.

After that, the silence stretched out for a while.

"My Little Fruit."

The deep masculine voice seeped to her soul.

"Did you miss me?"

Hearing that familiar baritone, a huge weight lifted from her chest suddenly, making her feel lighter. The pressure of pain, a melancholy of loneliness which had accumulated over the months, disappeared when his voice caressed her heart.

"Joon. . ." she whispered, a tear falling from her eyes, unimpeded. "Where are you?" the utter dependence and cry of a loved one calling out for a hug broke the heart of who ever heard her.

Anya let go of all the bravado, all fears that she kept within her to keep her strong. Hearing his voice, she let go all the hurt she had to be guarded and alert against.

"Joon. . ." she whispered again, the tears heard clearly in her voice.

"Little Fruit. Don't cry."

"Where are you?? Do you have any idea how much I waited?? You left for a whole year but did not say anything to me!! Your family, So Hyun, you called them all but not me!! Why?? A YEAR NAMJOON! A YEAR WITHOUT ANY DIRECT CORRESPONDENCE FROM YOU!! I could only hear about you from So Hyun or what the news said!" Anya screamed into the phone, the happiness and anger making her a mess, her face shining with the trails of salty drops trailing down both her cheeks flushed from high emotions.

"Not a word! You left without any word while I was sleeping in my house ignorant of anything that happened on that evening! Grandmother died! Your family took my father in their entanglements and made my sister the fiancée of one of your cousins and your other cousin keeps wanting me, he keeps relentlessly threatening me because he feels that I no longer mean anything to you!! Jae Hoon. . . Jae Hoon-" Anya broke down in a sob, crying, stopping the flow of the rushed words that she had kept bottled up while keeping a strong front for these months.

"When I needed you the mo-most, you we-were g-go-gone Joon!!" she choked hard, her throat closing up.

Like a child complaining of all the wrongs that they had bore to someone they knew would now protect her in their embrace, who would never let her suffer from any misfortunes that the world inflicted.

Even amid all the tears and the barrage of screaming pain, the significance always stood to be one.

That he was the one person in front of whom she could be weak.

That he was the one, she trusted the most in her soul.

That he, was her entire world.

"Am I so easy for you to forget? Is it so easy for you to be able to achieve great laurels in your life without even meeting me for a year Namjoon?" her voice progressively became smaller, doubts and the terrifying realization of the insignificance of her presence in his life making her lose the courage to the Knight she had always considered to be hers.