Chapter 12

ONE DAY LATER :

Soyeon still had her face covered in her palms as she sat back on the reclining rocking chair, not looking at the pair of siblings who were still arguing back and forth.

"-and I am telling you! He was suffering from blood loss, its very logical that he did indeed miss! Joon has been operating the company for the whole year-"

"Via Min Hwang!! Has he made any appearances?? This Min Hwang has always been his right hand man, maybe he has been operating the business by proxy by using Joon's name!" Mira countered.

"No. Its not! Many of the deals, the way the project was approached, has been the style of Joon, NOT Min Hwang!"

"Again, staying with him for over five years he might have adopted Joon's style."

"Oh god will you listen to yourself?!?!?" So Hyun lost his temper. He stood towering over Mira, glowering, "I have been in contact with him all over the year!!"

Mira nodded, accepting it, "Yes you have, but why wasn't anyone else? Those from his family or Anya? Given that his family tried to have him killed, why did the original plans of him selling of those chosen divisions stopped? Given what we know, shouldn't it have been preponed in fact? Tell me So Hyun, does it make sense that he spared his family for a whole year, after they tried to kill him and spent the time advancing in business without doing anything about it? That he did not talk to the one person we all know he has been insanely attached to?"

"WHAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE IS YOU CLAIMING A MAN WHO TALKED TO ME ALL THROUGH A GODDAMN YEAR HAS BEEN DEAD!!!! YOU TALKED TO HIM JUST THE OTHER DAY TOO!!"

Mira stood up and shoved her brother hard, retorting equally loudly, "AND I FELT HIS PRESENCE, HIS VOICE TO BE STRANGE! THE SECOND I HEARD IT! WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY HE NEVER TALKED TO ME FOR A YEAR!"

"What the hell do you mean by that?????"

Soyeon replied for Mira. Still keeping her face buried in her palms, with a low voice she said, "The Heo family bloodline does not have the gift of feng shui. That is an art you learn. The innate spirituality you possess is coming from the elite class of Masters trained in exorcisms So Hyun. It is natural, to achieve that, you have the Sight. To see and hear those, that are not part of this world. The gift has weakened with successive generations but you know, the echo of it still lives within you."

So Hyun madly shook his head in denial.

He knew what Soyeon said was the truth, knew that it was a secret only few knew, but he still wasn't willing to accept it.

He could not.

Mira sat back down listlessly, "Its going to be the day the accident happened tomorrow, making it a complete 1 year. Powerful malicious spirits gain exceptional power after 1 year So Hyun, you know that. If unchecked, the hatred and the violence will become heavy enough that no one will be able to help that spirit.

Or more to the point, he will not be able to be exorcised. A malicious spirit with deep negativity will become a true Monster. Knowing about the current Masters the way that I do, no one will be able to-"

"WILL YOU STOP SAYING THAT MY BEST FRIEND IS DEAD???????" So Hyun shouted at Mira, his emotions too strung out, the veins of his temple bulging.

He pointed with his hand to the floor above them, "Anya has collapsed completely! She is not talking, not crying, not responding to anything!! Instead of cheering her up you are-"

"I WILL NOT GIVE MY FRIEND ANY FALSE HOPE SO HYUN!!!" Mira herself was trying her best from crying, "The number you knew is no longer working! Hell it says that the number did not exist! Anya was locked in the house unnaturally So Hyun, do you wish to tell me that she hallucinated it all when her hands are still bruised from the efforts she had put??? All the coincidences? Of Tae Sun???"