Chapter 11

Anya stayed primly seated in the breakfast table in a daze, her mind buzzing with a lot of thoughts. She let herself soak in it all, not trying to speed it up.

Too many times she kept getting the strange feeling, it was high time she sorted out just what was bothering her.

At least, that option was better than going in nonsensical circles, trying to make head or tails of the incident that happened 20 minutes ago.

Lets start from the time I came here. Nothing outwardly weird ever happened which was exactly why figuring out the abnormality hidden behind the unknown fold was causing an itch which could not be scratched.

For the time being, Anya had kept the phone disconnected, not wanting to be disturbed.

The Telephone. . .

When her glance flicked on the object, the fine hairs on her neck stood straight when what she wanted to unravel, hit her suddenly.

She felt a chill going down the spine when she finally figured out what kept niggling and bothering her whenever she talked to Joon.

Grabbing the table in front of her, Anya leaned on it when following that realization, seemingly small random things started making sense as well.

Small, inconspicuous things.

Things that definitely could be explained logically, yet things, that should NOT need explanations to begin with.

"But if its true then-" Anya shook her head, trying to get rid of the guess she had. The problem was, this horrible thought had settled in and clicked with all the strangeness she had seen, seamlessly blending in with the events of the past.

Explaining all the oddities.

"NO!" Anya stood up, head blank, she started taking to herself, "No. don't. Don't think about it, no need to!"

Tae Sun wanted to see her??

Irony was, that it was she who needed to know.

Anya hurried towards the phone and kept the receiver properly on the handle, then stood there, staring at it.

She was such a mess inside that she did not even know what she was waiting for? For it to ring? Or for it to transform.

"No. no. Even if this all fits, there is logic that can lead to the same scenario."

But, on the other hand, the one thing she had been thinking of came to fruition. With these small matters, the coincidences now did become too eerie to ignore.

She could no longer keep denying it.

Deciding on not wasting any more time, Anya grabbed her purse and walked out of the main door.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

30 MINUTES AGO

KANG FAMILY HOUSE :

When Kang Ryong and Jong Gi arrived at the front reception hall of their house, swarmed by servants who were holding up their coats, the car keys, their hat, all of them collectively got distracted when they saw a car coming sedately from their main gate.

Recognising that car to be Jae Hoon's, Jong Gi looked perplexed, "Then Anya was panicking over nothing?" he murmured.

The oncoming car stopped in front of the stairs of the main door, beyond which the father and son pair were standing.

For a few minutes, the door of the vehicle did not swing open, even though everyone could see Jae Hoon sitting inside.

"Something is wrong with him." Kang Ryong was the first one to spot it, "Why does he appear so frightened?"