Chapter 7

Tae Sun kept his hands steady on the wheel as he drove back home.

Opposing thoughts kept swinging in his mind.

Was Namjoon really coming back? After what happened that night?

Was it true what brother had said? Was I really blinded in my panic?

He had not fully believed what Min Hwang had conveyed to them. He had told them of Namjoon's return before the Annual Banquet but it was only when Anya spoke that he faced reality.

But still, he knew what he had seen was clear. It was no hallucination induced in his frightened mind as his father and brother kept insisting. If so, then what exactly was this situation???

"Damn it!!" he banged his hands on the steering wheel.

More than just being in shock of Namjoon's return, he was equally upset for what it signified in terms of the future he wanted with Anya.

When he had first seen her peeking from behind her father's back, he remembered finding her to be a very beautiful and cute child. Someone he would love to see cry.

After all, those spectacular eyes were filled with wonder, too big in her small face, looking at the world with a purity which always invited someone to come and crush it.

As time went by, he had tried various ways to approach that little girl. At first, all he had in mind was teasing her a little. He was interested in her, but only as a shiny new toy. Not deeply.

That changed once he found out, he could not reach her. At all.

Because of one person, who had found her first and refused to let anyone else close.

The Namjoon of that time was only a little better than an ice cold stone puppet for his father. He basically had no interests or emotions, as dead on the inside as a wilted plant devoid of any sunlight or water.

Never could he or his brother have guessed that such a boy could get so obsessively invested in a small girl. His dead eyes had come alive with a glint of defiance against his predetermined and rigid life his father had planned, he no longer submissively accepted the attitude which insulted him.

He had started fighting back. With frightening precision and subtle danger.

Watching his steep metamorphosis, Tae Sun had become increasingly intrigued by the source of his change. But Namjoon guarded her close to his shadow. No one was a match to his intelligence and schemes. No one could meet the little girl with blue eyes.

It was only during few festivities and parties that he could watch her unhindered.

And the more he saw, the more he was sucked deeper.

The more he could not reach her, was exactly how much he started wanting her.

Watching her smile, watching her talk while his tall cousin stood beside her, shielding her with his body while his dragon eyes attentively trained on him, Tae Sun's obsession with Anya spiralled slowly out of control.

It reached a point where everything became distorted. He no longer knew exactly what he felt for her, what he wanted from her except that he needed her under him, crying and screaming his name, covered only in his scent.

Maybe then, this never ending thirst for her would abate a bit.

"No matter how mad I get, I will have her." Tae Sun muttered, a crazed look on his face, "Fuck it if makes me lose my position, now is the only time left."

He knew Anya was under protective surveillance arranged by Joon as Min Hwang had informed them, with a threat of severe actions being taken should any of the Kang family members be found to be in contact with her without informing Min Hwang.

If Namjoon was truly going to come back in three days, then this was the only chance he had.

He checked the road and turned his car, deciding to go back to her, excitement flooding his body as thoughts of what he would do successively invaded his mind.

He chuckled maniacally, "I always wondered how soft she could be."

The news of Namjoon's return had shaken him to the core, his actions his mentality taking a turn for the worse, he never considered the risks or the consequences of his actions.

The road was busy with bustling cars and people walking on the footpaths, the evening looking relaxing in the town roads.

Tae Sun saw the T-road up ahead and eased up on the accelerator in order to make the turn when he noticed that the speed of the vehicle was not slowing.

With a rising sense of horror, Tae Sun jammed his feet on the brake, only for it to be ineffective.

The car showed no signs of slowing down.

Tae Sun repeatedly kept jabbing the pedal while staring up ahead, his mind swinging at the horrible realization of what was to come.

He was going too fast.

The wall up ahead was coming dangerously close when Tae Sun tried to minimise the damage by manoeuvring the car to take the hit on the side he was not driving.

He grabbed the steering wheel to turn it to the right side, when he absolutely froze.

The wheel was jammed, it could not be moved.

Tae Sun screamed with fear as he saw the car going straight to the wall, with no way of stopping the oncoming accident.

Frantically trying to move the wheel at the same time kicking at the brake pedal, he closed his eyes as the wall came up ahead, his car charging straight to it headfirst to make a collision.

A loud crash and sound of twisting of metals stopped everyone on the road as they stared, confused and horrified at the sight.

Tae Sun perceived a massive force of power throwing him forward when the car collided with the wall, a burst of intense pain across his body, while glass exploded everywhere with an awful screeching noise of the front of the car being crushed.

After a moment, everything turned silent again.

Vaguely, he felt himself laying on the Bonnet face down, his body thrown out from the windshield. The surface he was lying on seemed to be sharp. He turned his head a little only to groan at the intense pain that assaulted him, making his world turn black.

His hands came up to try to push himself up, only to be cut by the sharp glass on the surface.

He felt around for a place without the glass, when his hand became wet from a fluid he encountered.

With difficulty, he opened his eyes. To find his hand stained with red. From his blood.

Sounds from around him indicated that people around were coming fast to help him as he remained lying on the bonnet of his car with his broken body, glass shattered everywhere reflecting the light from the streetlamps, his blood covering the scene like a blooming scarlet patch of sin.

As his consciousness drifted away and darkness dimmed his senses, one thing remained crystal clear.

Right before his car had crashed, its speed, had increased.

On its own.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

A/N : Oh dear! What is going on???😂

If you guys are intrigued and liking my story then please do vote and comment.