Chapter 31

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

TWILIGHT :

Joon appeared in the reception room where he sensed Anya was present. He saw her calmly reading a book, but something seemed. . . off. She was too blank, like a doll.

"Little Fruit?"

His soft question startled Anya badly, who closed her eyes as soon as she heard his voice. For a few seconds, she did not open them.

"Little Fruit?" Joon walked forward to reach where she had been sitting, sliding beside her on the sofa and taking her in his arms, "What is wrong? Are you okay? Are you upset for Mira? Or did Mira upset you?"

Anya just turned towards him and encircled his neck, placing her chin on his shoulder, she simply hugged him.

"Blueberry?" Joon was becoming afraid, "Are you okay?"

"Just hold me for some time?" Anya quietly whispered against his black suit coat, "You were late."

A joyous smile tugged his lips when he understood that she missed him. Joon made a show of lifting her up and placing her on his lap, "Then I need to do a good job of it to compensate for being late, right?" he teased her lightly and relaxed back on the sofa with her.

Anya clung to him.

Satisfied by her closeness, for the first few minutes, all Joon did was just soothe her, dropping kisses on her head, shoulders and neck. He basked in the warmth and slight weight of her body on him, cherishing it as a parched man would treasure each drop of water.

With the continued silence, Joon's eyes wandered a bit when he saw a difference in the room.

Petting the girl who clung to him fiercely, he asked lovingly, "Did you redecorate the room? I like the minimalistic approach. Just the coffee table and this sofa around the carpet."

Anya didn't respond.

"No, I really mean it," Joon lied good naturedly, pleasing his Love, "I really like it."

He then noticed her hair up in a bun, "You tied it all up?" shaking his head with silent nostalgia, he said, "Do you know what was my first concern regarding you few days after we became friends? I would worry that if you were injured, would I be able to make it out at all? Your hair was so long and voluminous on you, it used to cover almost whole of your body when it was left open."

Chuckling on recalling his memories, he continued in a low, content voice, "You were just a small little girl who was 80% black hair and 20% blue eyes. That's all I can see whenever I try to picture the past. The day you came to me with your hair cut, that look on your face. . ."

Joon laughed out, his mirth coming from his chest, filling the house with its cheer.

"Even though I was happy to be able to see you in that style, I just couldn't get over how very adorable you were looking with your cheeks puffed up and red angry eyes. You looked even rounder! A round adorable small Blueberry." He dropped another kiss on her head.

"But I had to make sure I would not leak a smile. You were terribly angry and it was the most difficult thing in my life trying to keep a straight face." Joon whispered, lost in the memories, "But you caught on to me anyways! You saw the humour in my eyes. Damn, you flew into a tantrum. Refused to talk to me for three whole days."

Joon rested his chin over her head, finding comfort in her vanilla fragrance. "Do you remember what I had to do to make you forgive me?" he asked in a whisper, "I had to give you a promise that I would never have ice cream without you. If I wanted to eat one, I had to take you with me. And of course, I needed to buy you one every time I felt like having it."