Chapter 29

Anya came to stand in front of the gates, her hands filled with grocery bags.

The setting sun painted the shade of blush in the sky, like the beginning of a long held dream coming to life. In a way, this was her dream. A dream that she would fully live in.

For however long it could last.

The gates swung open by itself as she saw Joon step outside, wearing a simple shirt and dark cotton pants.

Anya smiled at him, "Okay I have to say, having a Ghost does seem to have some perks."

Joon took the bags from her, "Just one of the many that you will slowly discover."

"Wink!"

"Huh?"

Anya laughed and ran a little to stand in front and turned to face him, walking backwards while saying, "You need to finish such a sentence with a wink!"

"I do?" Joon smiled, then winked. Or tried to anyway. Both his eyelids weirdly fluttered.

Watching him, Anya giggled, "Oh my, that was absolutely horrible."

"Hey! Wait!" Joon stopped with both hands holding the bags and tried again. This time, he looked like a patient suffering from seizure, blinking or rather fluttering both eyelids awkwardly.

Anya burst out in peals of laughter on seeing him, "NO please stop!" she laughed as she stretched on her tippy toes to cover his non stop blinking eyes with her hand, "The image of you being a fierce ghost will collapse otherwise."

Kissing his cheeks with a sweet peck, Anya kept laughing as she went in.

Namjoon stood where he had, his eyes closed, his chest warm in his cold existence, a heartfelt smile of joy on his lips.

Happiness.

Bliss.

This was what he wanted.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

2 HOURS EARLIER :

Having been dropped off by the lawyer, Anya had wanted to wander around, shopping for food before going home. So Hyun, Mira and Soyeon had to have moved out by then, as Anya had requested them to. Considering she would be the only person eating, Anya just wanted to collect the few things she would be satisfied with.

Going to the carts selling the ingredients she wanted and taking the seasonings from the shops, she had a small mishap in one of the shops.

A man collided with her on his way out.

As was her habit, Anya had immediately uttered out an apology, then rubbed the part of her shoulder which had banged against the man.

"Hey Lady, watch where you are going." The man had grunted.

Apologising again, Anya had wanted to go past him but the man held his ground, "You are carrying way too much in your hands. Do you want me to help you miss?"

Politely refusing him, Anya was starting to get annoyed by the typical behaviour of a guy hitting on a girl they saw without a ring on their finger and out alone.

"It is going to get dark soon Miss, such a beautiful person like you being alone is dangerous. Why don't I accompany you till you finish your shopping and take you home? You can trust me, I have no bad intentions."

"Can you please leave? I have not taken my medicine yet and I don't know when I may have a psychotic breakdown. Foolish of me I know, but I forgot to take them. You see, I was released from the mental hospital only 3 days back and was always given the medicine by nurses so I am a little forgetful now that I need to take them by myself." Anya smoothly lied with a straight face, "You seem like such a good and upstanding person. I can see you truly want to help but I. . . will be so heartbroken if I hurt you in one of my breakdowns. So. . ."