Chapter 27

Anya chuckled on hearing it, "I know." She said. "You made the words disappear? Is it just a hallucination?" she asked, indicating the diaries before her.

"No." Joon was content having her in his arms, content to stay just the way they were.

No? it was no hallucination? "You erased everything??" Anya asked with increasing alarm not wanting that to be true. All those years of emotions, everything that he went through-

"Its no longer needed Little Fruit. It made you cry. What use is there of it now? If you want to know something, ask me. I recall everything written in those pages because everything there was related to you. No one else needs to know, no one else will understand."

So there was no need to have them in the world.

Still.

The words hurt her. Its disappearance pained her now.

Humans really were creatures of regret.

"You will lie?" Anya whispered.

The hand cupping her cheek shifted slowly, trailing across her neck, her breast to encircle her waist. Joon adjusted her slight weight easily, lifting her to position the cushions behind her, carelessly swiping all the journals to fall off the bed.

Having seated her with her back against the headboard, he sat close, facing her, "There is nothing left to lie now, is there?"

Anya gave a small smile, "So calm and confident about me not wanting to run away from you?"

The lights in the room were switched off, the windows opening to let the cool summer wind bring in the slight salt of the sea breeze in.

Joon lifted one of her palms and kept it on his, the difference in size making his gaze soft, "Did you not understand yet? You cannot run anymore Blueberry. I won't let you." Playing with her fingers, he still had that quiet joy thrumming in his voice, "But knowing that you don't want to is what makes me feel that even cursed with such fate, such existence, I am blessed."

Anya looked at his head bent over her hands, wearing only a light shirt with cuffs rolled up. He looked peaceful, like someone who had got everything he had ever desired right before him.

She whispered, not bothering to hide the ache in her voice, "Why did you never tell me Joon? Why did you go out of your way to hide? Did you ever consider that more than being oblivious, I feel betrayed?"

Hearing her, his movements stopped.

Anya continued, "You think I am your everything, but why did you never consider what you are to me? A lot of what you struggled with, I should have been there beside you. That, was my right Joon. You took that away from me. Why?" quietly, she spoke in a whisper filled with hurt, "How dare you?"

Agitation manifested as restlessness in the man, as he shifted closer to her, his hands now caressing her arms but not no answer came forth. Nor did he lift his gaze.

Observing him for sometime, Anya let the topic go. As he said was the instance with the journals, now too, asking these questions was pointless.

"Don't hide from me Joon. Flawed, warped or contorted. Any descriptions that you think you belong to, you seem to forget the very first thing you that you really are."

Joon smiled with a sad humour, "Dead?"

"Mine."

Joon froze, going as still as a beautifully dangerous statue bathed in the moonlit darkness of the shadows playing on his gorgeous frame.

Anya leaned forward, cupping his face with one of her palms, placing her forehead over his. They breathed the same air, an intimacy far greater than any,