BLUE STAR

"Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is the most powerful thing of all

"Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is the most powerful thing of all."

- Isabella Pevensie

____________

"BELLA WAKE UP!"

I mumble incoherence before being rudely shaken awake. I started to hear more yelling, more so from Lucy and Gael but I was too sleepy to even comprehend what was going on.

"I'm up. What is it Nathaniel?" I croak as I rubbed my eyes and cover them from the morning light.

Nathaniel was about to respond to me when Gael came running to me and started jumping in excitement, "Bella it's the Blue Star! Look."

The sparkling sun was rising up the scarlet skyline, but what was amazing was the bright blue sapphire star illuminating through the orange hues.

"That it is, Gael."

I turned to look at her with a smile as I tucked in one of her curls. With all the action happening, I haven't had the chance to interact with Gael or Rhince unless calling them for supper or for an order or simply helping around the ship.

"That's one step to finding your Mum."

____________

It wasn't long until we boarded the Dawn Treader and set sail, following after the bright blue star that never dimmed away. Eustace flew alongside the Dawn Treader with Reepicheep happily riding in his back with an adventurous smile.

"Vela?" I heard Nathaniel ask from behind me, "Are you alright?"

Vela had her gaze fixed on the blue star, her eyes glimmering with happiness and sadness at the same time.

"This is the closest I have felt to home."

I walked to her and stood next to her, "You've never gone back? "

Vela shook her head before turning to look at me, "After you all left, Narnia was extremely vulnerable before Nathaniel had to step in as King. I couldn't abandon it all just to go home. Then the Telmarine invasion and I couldn't abandon my friends and here you have me."

Nathaniel sighs, "I remember how much you fought me when I told you to go home."

Vela chuckles, "It was more than duty, Nathaniel. You were my friend and you needed me more than ever."

"Aww," I smiled as I pulled both in a hug, "Group hug."

____________

"It seems the odds are against us," Vela grunted as she, alongside the crew, worked hard to move the ship forward as the lack of wind started affecting our journey.

Nathaniel and I had stepped below deck to help the crew with the oars, Nathaniel with his vampire strength while I magically moved the oars. However, I wasn't a vampire and didn't have eternal energy and so I had to leave after my magic started to drain me.