MARKET FORCES

"Family is the root of my happiness

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Family is the root of my happiness."

- Isabella Pevensie

____________

"YOUR MAJESTY."

Rhince tone sounded urgent, yet hopeful as well as he entered the house. He looks through the boarded windows to see if he wasn't following before walking towards me. He seemed thrilled but anxious at the same time.

"Rhince?" I question him as his eyes seem to lit up, "What is it?"

Rhince gulped before taking a deep breath and explaining, "A ship is approaching a harbour. I overheard Pug and the Governor speaking of an unfamiliar ship approaching the harbour before they threatened everyone to go home."

I furrow my brows, "Do you know if it's a Narnian ship?" It has been a few days and I haven't been able to find a way to send Caspian the letter. The green mist recent activity around the island has frightened many travelers and the town itself. I was aware that a sacrifice will be made soon in order to "peace" with it.

Rhince shook his head, "I didn't have time to look. I ran back as fast as I could. Do you think that its a Narnian ship or maybe we could seek their help?"

I stood thinking before answering him, "The only way to find out is if I see for myself. I should be able to recognize the ship and let's hope it is a Narnian ship."

Helaine came from behind Rhince and took his hand, "Are you certain it's safe to go out?"

I look at both of them, being stern, "Yes, but Rhince won't come with me this time." Rhince started to protest against my request but I simply held my hand upwards, "I've put you in enough danger. You stay here with Helaine and Gael and don't worry about me."

The bell tolled, as it did every evening. However, the bell tolled a little earlier than usual and it could be a sign for Pug and Governor Gumpas that the people in the ship have arrived in the island.

"Your majesty, I insist. Let me accompany you, for our comfort." Helaine try to reason but I shook my head and refused.

"I thank you for everything but I insist. This is something I must do alone. I will be safe, I promise and should return with the news." 

Rhince and Helaine shared a look before, reluctantly, agreeing with me. I reach for my cloak and spare sword that Rhince handed me before strapping it around my waist.

I shared one last glance with Helaine and Rhince before exiting the house and sneaking towards the harbour. Luckily, it seems that most of Pug's men had their attention towards the harbour of the island and I had no encounter with no one, which was easier to get through.

 As I made my way, the bells from the towers started tolling once more. That caught my attention and I was tempted to look at what was happening in the tower but I reasoned with myself to reach the ship first.