THE DOOR IN THE AIR

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

- Isabella Pevensie

____________

THE NEXT MORNING, ASLAN REQUESTED TO SPEAK WITH PETER, SUSAN, AND I IN THE GARDEN.

We were confused why he wanted to speak to us but we didn't question anything any further.

As we walked to meet Aslan, Peter was rather nervous, talking with Aslan has been something that Peter has been dreading from the beginning.

"Peter, it's going to be alright," I reassure him.

Peter bit his bottom lip, "Do you think that Aslan will forgive me?"

I stopped in front of Peter and took his hand, "Peter don't let this mistake torment your life. I know that beforehand there wasn't space for mistakes, especially as King and Queen, but eventually there was, not as big of a loss as we had this time. But I am completely certain that Aslan isn't going to condemn you for that." 

Peter looked uncertain so Susan gave him a reassuring smile,  "Have faith, Peter."

As we approach Aslan, Susan and I took a hold of Peter's hand. Aslan had his back to us, admiring the roses of the garden before turning to look at us, giving us a loving a prideful smile.

By the time we reach Aslan, I could tell that Peter was feeling distraught. We haven't had the chance to speak with Aslan and it was something nerve wrecking knowing that we might have disappointed him.

Peter was the first one to speak, "Aslan... I know that I failed you and I am truly sorry. Because of my mistakes, Bella got hurt," Peter gripped our hands tighter, "You had faith in me as High King, but I couldn't become what you wanted."

"Peter," Aslan's eyes were soft and kind as he spoke with a soft voice, to sooth my brother's burden, yet stern at the same time, "I made you High King Peter, the Magnificent and I meant it. My son, you do not need to prove yourself to me for I have seen how true your heart is."

"I was foolish," Peter said, "And careless. All of them died because of me. My twin sister was torture and if we hadn't come to her rescue soon enough she would have die." 

"What more must you do to prove your worthiness to yourself?" Aslan asked sadly, "You have already done so to me."

Peter didn't look convince but sigh, "All I could ask is your forgiveness."

Aslan smile, "You already have my forgiveness. But what's important is to forgive yourself."

When Peter said nothing, Aslan asked all of us, "What have you learned, my children?"

This time I spoke up, "Well, for years we had  make decision for ourselves but we should heed to the guidance of others and to have more faith in ourselves and, of course, you."