THE LONE ISLAND

- Isabella Pevensie

- Isabella Pevensie

____________

EVERY TIME I COME, NARNIA ISN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE.

The next day, Rhince went to the market and tried to get me some clothing that would be able to fit me as Helaine's clothing hung loose on me. Unfortunately, there wasn't much luck on his part as less and less people went to the market and sell, afraid of the slave traders robbing them or simply make them an easier target for the next slave trade.

I wanted to explore Narrowhaven, see how much had changed and what I could do to end all of it but I was discouraged by Rhince and Helaine. 

"It's dangerous if you get caught, your majesty. The Slave Traders would not care of your royal status. Instead they will sell you for a higher bid." Rhince try to reason with me.

"I was brought to Narnia and I landed here for a reason. All I want to do is see the chain of command and how they function in order to build a plan battle before sending it to Cair Paravel, where Caspian is to receive it and send his troops,"

Helaine and Rhince seem uncertain about letting me go. I sigh and stood up before taking a hold of Helaine's hands.

"If it is for your own comfort, Rhince, you could come with me," I turned to look at Rhince, "You know how everything is run on the island. And with your knowledge, it will be faster to plan." Rhince was about to agree when I raised my hand and proceeded to talk, "But, if I know that you are fully capable of defending yourself in the case of an altercation."

Rhince nodded, "Of course."

I smile, "Very well," Turning to look a Rhince, I sigh before addressing the situation, "Now, by any chance do you know where to find some weapons? Or something we could use to defend ourselves."

____________

We decided it will be best to do one of these days as we build a plan on how to explore Narrowhaven without being caught or getting much attention. In my clothing situation, I decided to become creative, and with Helaine's permission, I was able to alter a pair of her clothing to fit me and I should be fine after a while. 

"Is Gael receiving any education? I've noticed that she doesn't attend school." I mentioned Helaine while I was helping her with some house chores one evening. I noticing Gael doesn't exit the house much, except when it becomes necessary to help her mother with some outdoor activities.

Helaine sighs as she folds her clean laundry, "There was a time where Gael attended school. But, we decided to take her out for her safety."

Rhince joins in the conversation as he helps us with some of the chores, not having to work today, 

"After King Caspian was crowned, we noticed that the slave trading became more brutal and more people, mostly women and children, were been sold daily. Maybe they fear that His Majesty will hear about what was happening in the Lone Islands and come to interfere. They decided to at least create more of a profit. Or because there was more demands of the Calormenes or fear of the Green Mist, who knows."