THE MIST AND BAD DREAMS

"When we are asleep in this world, we are awake in another

"When we are asleep in this world, we are awake in another."

- Isabella Pevensie

____________

"WHAT DID YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAID YOU MADE THEM INVISIBLE FOR THEIR OWN GOOD?" LUCY ASKED.

"It seemed the easiest way to protect them," Coriakin stated as we walked alongside him, "From the evil."

"You mean the mist?" Edmund asked. Coriakin halted and stood before us, allowing us to enter the room.

"I mean what lies behind the mist."

The library reminded me of the one we had in Cair Paravel, yet a tad bit smaller. It had a galaxy holographic in the sky and books floating through the air. The emerald green walls were coated floor to ceiling in old books. Holding a scroll, Coriakin created a space before unrolling it with a flick of his wrist, shooting the end of it forward, revealing a beautiful moving map. 

What made the map marvelous was that it depicted a great story from our first Narnia adventure. 

"That's quite beautiful." Eustace stated as we were transfixed on the centaur blowing a horn before shifting to horses neighing as they raced across the borders. We had turned to look at him, confused as this was the first nice thing he has said, "I mean, for a make-believe map of a make-believe world."

I pointed towards the corner of the map, where most of us were transfixed on it earlier, "Is this the Battle of Beruna?" 

I enlarged the map to make the image bigger. The Battle of Beruna, the first battle that Peter and I participated in. It seemed as if it was yesterday that we were in Narnia for the first time, yet, it has been two years to be exact. Eustace and Caspian paid well attention as they saw the battle happen before their eyes.

"The Professor always told me about the battle that freed Narnia from the Witch," Caspian pointed towards the front, where two figures led the army, "Is that Peter and you?"

I smile whilst nodding to confirm before looking to Coriakin, "Coriakin, this is amazing."

Coriakin bows his head as he offers me a smile, "Thank you, your majesty." Coriakin pointed towards the map, "There is the source of your troubles." The map whirls past kilometers of blue waters before stopping at a dark island, "The Dark Island."

Nathaniel and I looked at each other as we recognized the name. The island was dark as night, covered in a coil of bright green glow, the green mist. Thunder clouds and lightning bolts surrounded the land, sending ripples in the surrounding water.

"A place where evil lurks," Coriakin continued.

"Jadis." I whisper. Edmund and Lucy turned to look at me alarm once her name fell out in a dangerous and fearful whisper.