THE NIGHT RAID

"You don't always win your battles, but it's good to know you fought

"You don't always win your battles, but it's good to know you fought."

- Isabella Pevensie

____________

"I HAD A THOUGHT I COULD FIND YOU UP HERE. NATHANIEL HAD MENTION THAT YOU ENJOY THE RISING OF THE NIGHT, PARTICULARLY THE NIGHT AND ITS STARS."

Caspian turned to look at me, both of our brown eyes connecting.

"Your Majesty," he greeted me, offering me a small smile before turning to look at the falling dusk. I sigh before approaching him and sitting next to him.

"I get it... You have no idea how much I have missed the dusk of Narnia."

The view was beautiful from up here and you could feel the small peaceful environment Narnia offered us. No war, no battles, just tranquility.

"May I assist you in anything?" Caspian asked softly,

I shook my head, "I wanted to see how you were feeling. About, you know, everything."

"I'm... quite alright. Thank you for asking, your majesty."

"Bella," I corrected him

"Pardon?"

"You can call me Bella," I extended my hand and summoned a warm plate of chocolate chip biscuits, "Buscuit?"

Caspian, not wanting to look surprised in front of me, stare at the plate in my hands with eyes wide open, shifting his gaze to my glowing pendant that allowed me to use a little more of my powers, before blinking hard and masking it with a calm face,

I took a bite of one, "You don't have to be formal with me, I see you as an ally and potential friend...That's of course if you want it to be that."

"You want to be my friend? I am but a simple Prince," Caspian said accepting the biscuit before taking a bite.

I smile, "You remind me of myself when I was younger... Well rather from when I came to Narnia for the first time."

Caspian's eyes became softer, more vulnerable that I have ever seen them, "It's an honor that I remind you of such a respectable Queen as yourself."

I laugh before looking back towards the sun setting behind the mountains before addressing the issue, "I know you disagree with the objective Peter has built.... but he is only trying to do what he believes is best for all of us, for Narnia.... As do I..."

Caspian sigh, "I know, your maj- Bella... I just don't believe this is the best way to do so. It could lead to a tragedy."

I sigh, "You may be right. But this is our best chance that we've got to lead us to victory. Whether we like it or not, there will always be losses in a war. But, trust me when I say this Caspian, we were here to bring you to the throne and that is exactly what we will do, I promise you."