THE STONE TABLE

"For the greater good, a sacrifice had to be done

"For the greater good, a sacrifice had to be done. But at what cost?"

- Isabella Pevensie

____________

THE SIX OF US RAN TOWARDS WHERE WE LISTEN TO THE COMMOTION OF THE WHITE WITCH'S ARRIVAL.

I had yet to met Jadis in person and, yet, I felt a shiver in my spine as we approached the assembled Narnians yelling at Jadis in front of Aslan's tent. Next to me, I felt Nathaniel froze up and instantly stop breathing. 

"Jadis, the Queen of Narnia!" A dwarf cried out as he lead the White Witch and her companions through the camp, who was anything but happy in her presence.

"Go away, Witch!"

"Empress of the Lone Islands!"

"You don't belong here!"

"Go away!"

Jadis didn't seem phased by the insults and kept her gaze on Aslan, who waited for her at the end of camp on the little rock plateau. As expected, Jadis made a big entrance, arriving on a litter carried by Cyclops. As she got nearer,  I was able to distinguished the witch more. Jadis was seven feet tall and extremely beautiful, with naturally white skin, her lips were red, and while seated on her chair in, there was an utterly breathtaking look of fierceness and pride.

As she passed by us, there was a glint of wickedness satisfaction as she met Nathaniel's extremely black eyes. I knew that Nathaniel, because of his nature, will always hold a great vengeful and hatred towards Jadis for what she did. But because he knew that path was only going to lead him to destruction, he withhold himself to a sharp, deadly glare.

They set her down and she stand-down, and walks towards Aslan not before glancing at Edmund and shifting her gaze to Nathaniel,

"My, my, little Prince... you're looking well," 

Nathaniel started to growl not before Aslan shook his head that he stopped. Aslan looks back at the White Witch, 

"I will appreciate if you do not mock my son,"

Jadis quirks her eyebrow and releases a humorless chuckle, "Your son is not of importance to me any longer... You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan."

The Narnians started to gasp and many turned to look at Edmund, who I could tell was tense from the situation as he stare at Jadis fearfully.

"His offense was not against you," Aslan declared to her.

"Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?"

"Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch," Aslan growled, causing all of us to be caught off guard before turning to look at Jadis, "I was there when it was written."

"Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me. His blood is my property," the Witch declared.

Without warning, Peter drew his sword and, with a tight, confident grip, he points it towards the Witch. I pulled my hand out and try manifesting a fireball, my necklace like usual lighting up; surprisingly, it didn't took much effort considering on how angry I was as this Witch threaten to take my brother back.