MIRAZ CROWNED

"Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner for eternity

"Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner for eternity."

- Isabella Pevensie

____________

TW : Death and Torture

"HOLD YOUR FIRE!" 

Archers surrounded us and infantrymen held their swords and spears on the ground. I caught sight of Miraz after he came down the balcony's stone steps to meet me. I exhale a nervous breath before walking in front of the Narnians, shielding them from Miraz.

The soldier on Miraz's left made a hand gesture and all of the archers moved their aim to me. Nervous shifting was heard from the surviving Narnians.  Miraz's face held a victorious grin, his eyes dancing over me. He must have known that I was out of options and he was enjoying this small victory.

Glenstorm's son tried to walk forward but I held my hand for them without shifting my eyes from Miraz,

"Stand down," I said softly to them before directing my words to Miraz, "I ask you to let my people go. Do not punish them for my mistakes. Take my life, but spare theirs."

Knowing that Miraz was no King, I was hoping that he would understand mercy. However, deep down, I knew my attempts were futile. The Narnians started to protest behind me, shouting that I should not do that. However, none sway me and I accepted that I was going to die.

Miraz made no attempt to negotiate and gesture two guards to seize me. The Narnians yelled angrily at this, but not one attempted to move. I decided not to fight the guards as they bound my wrists in front of me in a tightly hold. They dragged me forward, shoving me to my knees in front of Miraz.

Miraz, to appear superior, towered over me, the grin never leaving his face, "Your plan has failed. Your people followed you into a battle they could not have won."

"You more than anyone should understand that they were only here because the order was given. Allow them to leave unharmed and you may do what you wish to me, but give my people their lives."

Miraz arched his brow, "You have nothing to bargain with me. I already have you, 'your majesty' "

I started to get desperate and shifted a little in the guards hold, "I plead you to have mercy on my people. Punish me alone for this, they do not deserve this, Miraz."

"Now, now, your majesty. We don't need tears from such a beautiful girl. I am not a cruel man and I understand mercy."

Relief poured over me and I closed my eyes, not having second thoughts on my safety. The guards grabbed a hold of me and holstered me to my feet. They turned me to face my people, who all nervously looked at me. I tried to look reassuring and brave, in order to not break their spirits.