FATHER CHRISTMAS

"After thirteen years of being utterly ordinary, I finally found that I can shine"

 ~ Isabella Pevensie

____________

THE BRIGHT FLAMES OF THE FIRE REFLECTED MY MOST INNER THOUGHTS.

I stared straight into the bright flames that Peter decided to light after we made sure the wolves were completely gone and out of our zone. I was in deep thought when the Fox yelps as Mrs. Beaver attempts to sort out his wounds it's when I turned my full attention to the conversation that was going on. 

"They were helping Tumnus. The Witch got here before I did," the Fox explains as I remembered the statues of those poor animals.

"Ow! Oh!" The Fox whined. He was still in some pain from the bites but Mrs. Beaver tried her best to mend his wounds.

"Are you all right?" Lucy asked him.

"Well, I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite. Ow! "

"Stop squirming! You're worse than Beaver on bath day." Mrs. Beaver scolded him.

Mr. Beaver shudder, "Worst day of the year."

We all chuckled from the small tension before the Fox stood up.

"Thank you for your kindness, but that's all the cure I have time for."

"You're leaving?" Lucy asked confused.

"I have to agree with my sister on this. You're wounded, you can't leave in that state," I chimed in.

The Fox bows before responding, "It has been a pleasure, My Queens, and an honor, but time is short and Aslan himself has asked me to gather more troops."

That caused for both Mr. and Mrs. Beaver to gasp in amazement.

"You've seen Aslan?" Mr. Beaver asked.

"What's he like?" Mrs. Beaver asked not too far behind Mr. Beaver's exiting question.

"Like everything we've ever heard. You'll be glad to have him by your side in the battle against the Witch" the Fox, precisely looking at us, explained.

Both Peter and I stated silent and all I did was looked at the ground, unsure of everything.

"But we're not planning fighting any witch."

"But surely, King Peter, Queen Isabella, the prophecy!" The Fox expressed quite in distressed as he stared at Peter and I.

Mr. Beaver, with the same expression, turned to us, "We can't go to war without you."

Peter looked at me before looking at them, "We just want our brother back."

The air turned gloom at Peter's response, as if the wind didn't agree with our decision. We left our childhood home to avoid a war, yet, we weren't aware how wrong we were.