JOURNEY TO THE HOW

"Somethings aren't what they used to be, even if we wished

"Somethings aren't what they used to be, even if we wished."

- Isabella Pevensie

____________

AS SOON AS OUR EYES CAUGHT THE BOAT AND THE SOLDIERS HOLDING A DWARF, ACTION WAS IMMIDEATELY TAKEN.

Susan had pulled out her bow and shot an arrow at the boat, taking the soldiers by surprised as the three turned to look at us, by the time we had already draw our weapons.

"Drop him!" Susan shouted at the soldiers and I ready my bow, in the case that both attack.

The soldiers looked confused before dropping the dwarf into the water, and Peter and Edmund ran to the water. I scoffed and roll my eyes at them, shaking my head before yelling, 

"She meant on the boat, dimwits!"

They look even more confused and scared at the same time and I noticed one of them picking up a crossbow,

"Don't!" I warned them before I shot the soldier and while Susan tried to shot the other one, it jumped into the water and swam away. I touch Susan's arm and shook my head as I push her bow down,

"It's not worth spilling more. Besides, they will deliver the message to whoever they serve."

We walked towards Edmund and Peter, who were coming out of the water. I put my bow behind me before helping Edmund pull the boat in while Peter pulled the dwarf onto the shore. Lucy cut the ropes that were tied around his wrist before he, immediately, took his gagged off and spit the water out of his mouth. He pulled the ties off of his wrist and untied his ankles before standing up and throwing the ties on the ground, turning to glare at Susan and I.

"Drop him?!" The dwarf shouted at Susan, taking us all by surprise, "That's the best you can come up with?"

I crossed my arms and glared at him, "There's no need to be rude."

"A simple thank-you would suffice," Susan added,

"They were doing fine drowning me without your help."

"Maybe we should have let them," Peter said as he stepped forward. I simply pulled him back and shook my head, it wasn't worth hurting the dwarf over something as ridiculous as this.

"Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy asked him, curious.

"They're Telmarines. That's what they do," the dwarf answered.

We all stared at each other, baffled at the dwarfs' revelations. How were the Telmarines able to get into Narnia? How long has it truly been since we've left? And my main concern, where was Nathaniel?