"Happy? Unhappy?" Short Story 2.2

Start from the beginning

This could be considered one of Horikita's ways of being wavered.

Is it because her brain has not recognized that she has been seen naked, that she's not trying to hide? She had her bra and panties, but it was...something. No, I must not think about those things...

I was slightly worried about how to respond to her question, being bewildered about where I should look at, while I stared at her soft and glossy skin. After all, I had no choice, right? A girl's naked body is hard to see and I'm sure Shinjiro thinks the same.

Even if what I'm seeing is similar to what I saw during swimming classes,it's still totally different.

"This, in fact we were requested by Kushida. She wanted to have us look for Horikita's situation. You see, haven't you been persisting on not being late nor absent? Usually, you go to school very early. Kushida said that she saw you this morning leaving the room, and yet you didn't arrive at the classroom, she wondered if you had a reason and wanted to come here to look for you. But since a girl coming here would take a lot of takes, as a result, me and Shinjiro stepped forward and arrived at here."

Not even I would believe that I was reciting my lines so well in order tojustify myself.

Even if this was the truth, it wouldn't be acceptable to be linked to being seenwhile changing clothes.

"Only that?"

"...Only that."

This looks exactly like the final words of a death row prisoner.

We both calmly prepared ourselves for the punishment that was going to happen next.

"I see..."

It looks like she has sort out the things inside her heart. She put on her skirt, buttoned her blouse and puts on her shoes that she usually wears the school uniform.

"In other words, you both came here to see my circumstances because you two were worried?"

"That's right. Because it's unnatural that the superior Horikita would be late."

"It can't be helped. Something came up."

Horikita said this while finishing changing her clothes, and picked up her uniform that was on her bed.

"I was planning to go to school wearing these clothes, but some trouble happened."

"Trouble?"

Horikita unfolded her uniform and showed me the right side of the abdomen.

There were a few centimeters of scratch marks. Leaving a hole.

"You know that there's a bookshelf in the entrance? There were protruding nails that hooked my uniform. This is such an embarrassing topic."

That's why there was such a big cut. Sure enough, it was difficult to go to school in this situation.

So, she hastily returned to her room and wore her spare uniform.

"Anyway, it's a good thing that you're okay. The time's almost up."