Chapter 8: "Desperate problems lead to desperate solutions." ~Author-san

HORIKITA and Ayanokouji successfully gained Kushida on their side (rather easily) to help reach Class A as well witht he Study group.

"Okay, I'll contact them!"

Kushida took out her cell phone. Soon after, Ike and Yamauchi arrived, looking like they were on drugs after receiving Kushida's invitation. 

As soon as they saw Horikita, Ayanokouji, and me, they frowned. Though, specifically, they looked me and Ayanokouji square in the eye. They seemed to silently ask; did you tell her about the chat?! 

"I'm sorry for calling you two over. I have something to ask you, or rather, Horikita-san does." Kushida stated.

"Wh-what is it? What do you want from us?!"

What an overreaction, both of them backed away in fright.

"Are you two joining Hirata-kun's study group?" Horikita asked.

"Huh? S-study group? No. I mean, studying's so boring, and Hirata is annoyingly popular. Besides, we planned to cram the day before. Things should work out. We've gotten by since junior high doing exactly that."

Yamauchi nodded at Ike's words. They were counting on an all-nighter to save them.

"That certainly sounds like an idea you two would have. But if you do, it's highly likely you'll be expelled."

"You're acting the same as usual," Sudou said, showing up. He glared at Horikita. Apparently Kushida had caught Sudou in her honey trap as well.

"You're the one who should be worried, Sudou-kun. You don't seem to have any fear of being expelled."

"I know that. Drop it, or I'll beat the crap out of you. I'm busy with basketball now, anyway. I'Il be just fine if I cram before the test."

"C-calm down, Sudou. Okay?" Ike was acting like he didn't know what they'd said in the group chat.

"Sudou-kun, won't you try studying with me one more time? You might manage to squeak by if you pull an all-nighter, but if that fails, you won't be able to play basketball here anymore. Right?" Horikita asked.

"Well, I... don't want any of your stupid charity. I haven't forgotten the bullshit way you spoke to me the other day. If you want me to join, I want an apology first. A completely honest one," said Sudou, displaying open hostility toward Horikita.

Sudou has a fair point. With how Horikita talked to him, an apology should be ordered.

Unluckily for him.

That really isn't happening.

"I hate you, Sudou-kun."

"What?!"

Instead of apologizing, Horikita spat harsh words at Sudou, throwing fuel on the fire.

"However, our mutual abhorrence is trivial right now. I will teach you for my own sake. You will do your best for your own sake. Am I wrong?" Horikita asked.

"You really want to get up to Class A, then? Even if that means inviting someone you hate, like me?" he muttered.

"Yes, exactly. Otherwise, why would anyone willingly involve you?"

"I'm busy with basketball. The others on the team never take study breaks, not even before a big test. I can't fall behind everyone else by doing something as boring as studying." Sudou stated.

As if she'd predicted Sudou's remarks, Horikita opened her notebook and showed it to him. On the page, there was a detailed schedule leading up to the test.