Chapter 4.2

IT WAS after school.

And in the end, I didn't get a chance to go shopping at all.

"What a blow off." I said to myself, feeling frustrated.

Worse thing is that I don't think i can go shopping after school. Because I'm stuck here...

'That was very tiring, all that socializing. I haven't been to that class before... though they seem nice... besides their teacher. What a creep. Ugh, especially having to get my lunch through such a large crowd. Troublesome.'

I looked at Ayanokouji, who was signaling Kushida. 

'Seems like it's started.'

Horikita, the target, had started her usual routine of getting ready to go home.

"Hey, Horikita. Are you free right now?"

"I don't have any time to spare. I have to go back to the dorms and prepare for tomorrow."

As expected, she shot him down.

"I want you to go somewhere with me, though."

Although we were following his plan, I still question his choice of words. Of course, he wasn't great as socialization skills.

"... What are you trying to do?" Horikita asks

"...Do you think I'm inviting you with a particular goal in mind?"

"If you invite out of the blue, it's natural that I would doubt you. However, if there's something concrete you need to talk about, I wouldn't mind listening."

"You know how there's a cafe on campus? There are too many girls, so I don't have the courage to go in myself. It feels like boys are being excluded."

"Certainly, the proportion of girls is high, but can't boys go in too?"

"Yea, but no boy goes in alone. They always go in with other girls. Only those kinds of boys go to the cafe."

"So... you're saying you're not at the same level as those boys because they have girlfriends or quite literally, girl-friends?"

"...Yes..."

Horikita looks away and rubs her chin. After that, she asks a question.

"I'm assuming Shinjiro-kun is also coming with us?"

'Damn it! She knew!'

"Yeah, although if Shinjiro was a girl, I would've gone with him. Of course, I think the boys would've not gone for her-er-him."

...

"Dude...repeat what you just said?"

"I said if you were a gir-"

"Horikita, pass me the compass."

"Oh, I love seeing your development." 

Horikita smirks as I hold the compass's sharp point towards Ayanokouji.

"Hey, hey! I was just kidding."

"Sounds like an excuse to cover up the fatal mistake you just did."

"You're sounding a bit like Horikita..."

No, this is an exception... buut I don't wanna be like Horikita...

"You're right. Sorry Horikita, couldn't stab him."

"Coward, a loner couldn't even defeat an even worse loner." Horikita shakes her head in shame

"H-hey...I feel like we're getting off topic." Ayanokouji says as he scratches his cheek.